Sipping on a 2010 Castello Fonterutoli. Mmmmmmm.

JimHow

Sipping on a 2010 Castello Fonterutoli. Mmmmmmm.

Post by JimHow »

I can't remember who it was who advised me to buy this when I decided to get a couple mixed cases of Chianti -- Tommy? Blanquito? JC? -- in any event, this puppy is a beauty!
Nicklasss

Re: Sipping on a 2010 Castello Fonterutoli. Mmmmmmm.

Post by Nicklasss »

I don't have a single bottle of Chianti in my reserve. I need to fix that, it is a real problem.

I'm enjoying a 2015 Laurent Combier Croze Hermitage. This second bottle is way better than the first, super nose of meat, fruit, candy rasberries, sweet cherries, bit of Provence herbs (by the way, I need to go to Provence one day, to smell and taste the real Provence herbs. I mean, this Croze smells the dry Provence herbs sold here. I guess the real herbs, locally in Provence, are different and way better. A bit like the "California Chablis" vs real Chablis). Mouth is smoky, meaty, concentrated cranberries and red berries, with that spicy with good acid finish. At the very end, some eucalyptus minty vapors. A distinctive Syrah. Tn: 91.

Nic
brodway

Re: Sipping on a 2010 Castello Fonterutoli. Mmmmmmm.

Post by brodway »

Jim

i find the 2010 Tuscan and Chianti wines to be quite good....i recently went though a stash of Chianti Classico Riservas all for under $25, and have been impressed with the level of complex, balanced wines the region has produced.