Nice wines this weekend, and my life deçeption on Thursday

Nicklasss

Nice wines this weekend, and my life deçeption on Thursday

Post by Nicklasss »

Nice weekend here, warm but incredibly windy. Today was 40 mph winds almost all day. Unusual. Last Thursday, I had my wine group monthly tasting, and had the biggest deception wine wise, since a long long time ago.... I'll cover that in another post.

But this weekend, no great wines but some very "ok for the price" wines.

2016 Chateau Bertinerie is all about ripe Sauvignon. Lime, flowers, citrus, with that decent power and acidity mouth. Nicely made. Tn: 87.

2016 Chateau Revelette: Coteaux d'Aix en Provence, rosé. Inoffensive at start, became more and more interesting with more air. Strawberries, mineral and herbs notes, with some green onion, dry red berries and refreshing mouth. Cool. Tn: 86.

2015 Dialogo Douro: Niepoort. Very good. Medium all the way, medium fruit, meduim minerals, medium flowers and spices. Drink easily, goes with any meal, a very all you can drink rec wine, in a very good way. Tn: 88.

2009 Chateau Roland la Garde, Grand vin, Blaye: a nive rich 2009, but with a light structure for a "Grand Vin". Anyhow, dark color, nose of concentrated ripe blackberries, flowers, soap, sweet blackcurrants. Very fruity on the nose. In mouth, rich (15% a lcohol), good merlot berries extracts, sweet oak, low very ripe tannins. More dark red sweet berries. Medium long sweet wood finish. Very good, but I would have wanted more character in this 2009. Tn: 87.

All diners were a bit rushed this weekend, so no time to open and decant 00 Pape Clément or 03 Lynch Bages. Oh well.

Nic