Some Cru Bourgeois I drank last weekend

Racer Chris

Some Cru Bourgeois I drank last weekend

Post by Racer Chris »

Took a bunch of bottles to my youngest brother's wedding in Waldoboro. Drank 3 bottles Friday night, the remainder at the wedding on Saturday.
No formal notes as I was too busy drinking. Each was entirely consistent with previous bottles I've had so I borrowed some info from previous tastings.

2009 Ch. Lilian Ladouys, St. Estephe - Nice rich dark fruit, with some leather and mint. Good acidity, well resolved tannins. In a great place now. (14%) 92
2009 Ch. Marsac Seguineau, Margaux - More perfumed than the others. Ripe cherries and blackberries, with some smokiness and spices. Medium acidity, modest tannins. Very nice. (14%) 91
2009 Ch. Lalande, St. Julien - ripe yet restrained, mostly dark fruits. Some leather and a hint of graphite pencil. Good grip and finish length. (13.5%) 91
2010 Ch. du Moulin Noir, Montagne-St. Emilion - Big, fruity, ripe, rich and spicy. Moderately high acidity, smooth but strong tannins, medium long finish. I love this wine.(14.5%) 90
2011 Ch. Garraud, Lalande de Pomerol - Mostly red fruit, some forest floor. Good acidity, strong tannins. Still evolving, can use more cellar time. (13.5%) 90
2010 Ch. Pierre de Montignac, Medoc - Medium weight, black cherry and black currant fruit with some baking spice. Modest acidity and well resolved tannins. Lingering finish. At or near peak IMO. Excellent QPR. (13%) 89-90
2012 Ch. Haut Bergey - Nose of fresh plummy fruit on opening. Slightly underripe fruit, with some saddle leather. Medium/low acidity, modest tannins. Short but pleasant finish. Well balanced. (12.5%) 89

2010 Merryvale Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley - Expressive nose of black currants and a hint of eucalyptus. On the palate, black fruits (not too forward) with a modest amount of cedar and spice. Long finish. Really nice! (14.5%) 92-93
AlohaArtakaHoundsong

Re: Some Cru Bourgeois I drank last weekend

Post by AlohaArtakaHoundsong »

Lilian Ladouys is a good bet in a strong year. Have not had the 09. Haut Bergey is nice but not as much fun as the Barde Haut from the same stable. The Garraud I've had in a couple of vintages and it is made in a fairly serious style.