First Message From Golfers Heaven

dstgolf

First Message From Golfers Heaven

Post by dstgolf »

Congrats Jim. A little finicky signing on but here I am calling in from Bradenton Fla. So far a little slow off the tee and down a few bucks but after shooting 79 and 80 for the first two rounds. Playing with my sandbagging buddies. I'll real them in before the weeks out.

Some good and some disppointments today. Started with a 2004 Quinterrelli secco Bianco. Oxidized! Second Miserre 2004 Spanish Costers de Suiriana badly corked. Had to go back to Bordeaux for a saviour. 1998 Bahans Haut Brion. Now this has really turned the corner. Beautiful fruit with some tobacco cassis and long smooth finish. Nothing out of joint with this and I do believe this will plateau now for another decade.

On great recommendation from Rick I spotted some Numanthia 2006 in the new wine store in Bradenton. Wow! This is a winner. 100% Tempranillo but this is no ordinary Rioja. Nose on overdrive with Blueberries cassis and smoky smooth american oak. Just a great wine. This is their mid range wine at $52 and I'd love to try their high end Termanthia.

Last night with cheese we started with a Francois style wine that we thought was going to be dead. What a surprise. 1970 Baron Phillippe de Rothschild(now d'Armhallaic). Lots of fruit with tertiarty notes. Earth,cedar tobacco and subtle tea. Strong out of the gate and didn't die as we had expected. And pleasant surprise.

!999 Solengo is just singinging right now. Argiano's supertuscan. A real treat!.

Will try to check in later in the week.

Danny
Danny
JimHow

Re: First Message From Golfers Heaven

Post by JimHow »

Welcome Danny, thanks for the notes, check back in when you get back!
stefan

Post by stefan »

Enjoy your golf, Danny. With Lucie in Berkeley this past week, I expected to be on the course both Saturday and Sunday. Unfortunately, the weather was terrible and I ended up working all weekend.

stefan
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Yeah well I'm not shedding any tears for you, stefan. We're getting 16 inches of snow tomorrow. It was 41 below zero yesterday in northern Maine.
ericp

Post by ericp »

Danny - Glad to hear someone is enjoying some golf. Cai't wait til the frozen tundra here in Boston clears this spring.