2 excellent wines

Nicklasss

2 excellent wines

Post by Nicklasss »

It is summer, and finally the sun and the heat are showing up here. We're opening a good amount of bottles but I had two bottles in the last 7 days, that worth to mention.

I opened another bottle of 2013 Ridge Geyserville 7 days ago, with fancy buffalo burgers, amd what a match. Spices, bluefruits, zin berries, light chocolate, old wood, rasberries... A super zin. Mouth is well balanced, fruity but not too much, blueberries, rasberry fruits, good ripe structure, long with some elegance, the archetype of Ridge. Too good. Tn: 92.

For my mother, who don't drink wine but like one type, the sweet ones. The 2003 Chateau Climens, opened two days ago was a must. Yes it is a very rich Barsac. Apricots, honey, peaches, roasted oak, intense nose. Add some pinneapple to that mix. Strong nose. The mouth is coating your mouth, strong apricots, rich peaches, toffey, vanilla, spices. The mid palate with some marmalade, and that super huper duper long finish on crême brûlée, confit orange and strong roasted botrytis. Strong, syrupy, almost heavy for a Barsac, but the intensity is made of complexity. For Barsac, missing some acidity or flowers, but can't complaint too much as everything else is there. Yikes. Tn: 94-95. Long life ahead.

Nic
AKR

Re: 2 excellent wines

Post by AKR »

Pretty impressive wines.
Winona Chief

Re: 2 excellent wines

Post by Winona Chief »

That 2013 Ridge Geyserville was one of our July 4th wines - we liked it a lot. I have been buying Geyserville regularly since the mid-80s.

Chris Bublitz