2009 Cantemerle

Nicklasss

2009 Cantemerle

Post by Nicklasss »

After a week in Puerto Plata, where the weather, the ocean, the rhums and the women are number 1, let say the beers are ok, but the wine is very bad.

Back home yesterday, tonight I badly needed a Bordeaux, so opened a bottle of the 2009 Chateau Cantemerle. The wine is made for the long haul, a bit like the 2009 Sociando. Dark color, with a light touch of browny red. On the nose, less complex than the 2010 at the moment, but nice strong nose of roasted oak, dark red berries, spices, warm vanilla, and blackberries. In mouth, more primary than 2010 or 2005, with good fruits of black and blueberries, spicy cocoa, oak. Structured, a masculine Cantemerle, long powdery oak tannins, concentrated black fruit finish. More to come in 8-10 years. Tn: 90+.

I've read somewhere here that the BD want to go back to London, this fall. I always wanted to go so will look if it would be possible. Seems also that dstgolf will be in London this fall. Can the stars be aligned and meet Comte?

Nic
Nicklasss

Re: 2009 Cantemerle

Post by Nicklasss »

Strong soil flavors too, after a few hours. Still having a strong fruit. Not as charming as some other vintages, at that age, but let see in 7-8 years...

Nic
dstgolf

Re: 2009 Cantemerle

Post by dstgolf »

Nic

Danielle and I are confirmed for a Comte/Maureen reunion Oct 8 & 9. Could be special if the Comte would encourage a little offline of BWE'ers in London and you and JimH could join the party!!
Danny