Ordering from St. Innocent.

JimHow

Ordering from St. Innocent.

Post by JimHow »

That place really seems to have its act together.
15% mixed case discount especially makes it worthwhile.
Just ordered 6 bottles each of 2014 Momtazi and Shea vineyards.
These wines are great, at rational prices.
Claret

Re: Ordering from St. Innocent.

Post by Claret »

It is no secret I love SI. They get better with age. The whites are worthy too.
Glenn
stefan

Post by stefan »

Why don't you join the SI club, Jim?
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

I am big fan of the wines here too, but I much prefer them with a good 10-15 years of age. They're good young, but in general I get a lot more out of them when mature and these age very well.
William P

Post by William P »

When I was up there before the eclipse, had a great tour and tasting. Felice was a wonderful person and very accommodating hostess. I didn't have appointment she gave me a tour. She knows Glenn and Stefan as one would expect. I pickup up my fall 2017 club pack. (2015 and some whites which were replaced with reds). Great fun.

BTW Glenn's tip about Walter Scott was excellent. Made an appointment and barrel tasted. Not only great pinots but wonderful Chards, a description I don't often use.

Bill

PS anybody in Sacramento next week, I having a wine dinner on Sept 16 at my house with Arv, Glenn, Ed and a sacramento wino Gene. If you want to come contact me.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I'd like to visit St. Innocent someday.
Not sure I buy enough from them annually Stefan for their wine club to make sense for me.
What is the marginal number of bottles where it begins to pay off?
Claret

Post by Claret »

William P wrote:When I was up there before the eclipse, had a great tour and tasting. Felice was a wonderful person and very accommodating hostess. I didn't have appointment she gave me a tour. She knows Glenn and Stefan as one would expect. I pickup up my fall 2017 club pack. (2015 and some whites which were replaced with reds). Great fun.

BTW Glenn's tip about Walter Scott was excellent. Made an appointment and barrel tasted. Not only great pinots but wonderful Chards, a description I don't often use.

Bill

PS anybody in Sacramento next week, I having a wine dinner on Sept 16 at my house with Arv, Glenn, Ed and a sacramento wino Gene. If you want to come contact me.
Glad you enjoyed Walter Scott, Bill. Super people and great wines! Yes the Chards are outstanding.
Glenn
stefan

Post by stefan »

I think you get a discount even on the club shipments if you buy additional quantity. The main consideration is: do you want to commit to buying whatever Mark puts into the semi-annual club shipments?