Getting Stoked

dstgolf

Getting Stoked

Post by dstgolf »

It has been a trying summer to say the least. My mother is dying and keeps bouncing from the brink. Danielle's mom is in mid stages of dementia and has to be moved out from her male friends(ok lovers place...she's Quebecoise) because he can't handle it. Work has been crazy and tax laws are changing putting pressure on will there be anything left to retire on but....we're going to Europe sans cell phone and hopefully no emails to call us back for an untimely funeral!!

On our way through London Ian(Comte),Danielle and I will be hooking up for a little BWE rendezvous Oct 8th. Heard today that Maureen won't be joining us and a let down but maybe Tim will make it again!! Fingers crossed. Jim has been unduly quiet so I expect him to show up and who knows maybe Nic will surprise us. Regardless of who is there or not I'm stoked just to get together with Ian again. Last year was too short so I've extended my stay in London from one night to 3 days and bringing my better half. If DJT and Rocketman cool their jets then hopefully we can have a great time and I can recharge my batteries. Looking forward to crossing the pond tomorrow and I'm sure there will be some good stories coming. Europe here we come...or is England still part of Europe!!?? Oh well we're going on vacation!!! :D
Danny
tim

Re: Getting Stoked

Post by tim »

I'll be there!
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Sounds like a great time in London!
BWE lives on!
Have fun, Danny and Danielle, I'm sorry to hear about your folks, I know how hard it is, having gone through it with my parents.
I have been swamped with trials and political stuff in 2017, it has been one of the most amazing years of my career, a lot of good things going on.
No court or clients tomorrow, amazingly, I've just uncorked a 2014 Leoville Barton and am going to get caught up on some emails....
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

We were hoping on it Tim and look forward to another rendezvous. See you in a couple of weeks.
Danny
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Jim,

I'm counting on a great time and hopefully you can escape a little this Fall as well to decompress. I know I certainly need this one. We need to catch up on your amazing year. Hopefully hook up in the near future.
Danny
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Have good holidays Danny/Daniele. I know it will be hard, but try to deconnect from family issues for a bit.

I really look and wish to go to London during you're there, and Comte invited me personnally (and it is really appreciated), but a bit like Jim, work overwhelmed my fall. In extra, since MC has her permanent job, we're looking to change house for a bigger one, as with three kids, we think we'll have to make the move one day. Let say i'm in a 10 % probability...

Anyhow, looking forward to meet you and other BWEers in the coming year.

Nic
Comte Flaneur

Post by Comte Flaneur »

We are getting psyched for this too...three nations will be represented: Canada, the United States and The United Kingdom. Does that sound familiar?
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Hmmm. Sounds like an epic, historic gathering of peace and good will among three great nations in the historic city of London.
tim

Post by tim »

I believe I'm qualified to represent France too now...