2011 Chateau Certan de May de Certan

Nicklasss

2011 Chateau Certan de May de Certan

Post by Nicklasss »

"Put your money on me" Arcade Fire

"Come as you are" Nirvana

"Never let me down" Depeche Mode

"When the doves cry" Prince

This wine is all those songs. Start really like a homless wine, rough, down, almost dead, what, really? The cheese dirty crust. The ugly duck. But, Pomerol, Moueix, Bordeaux, Terroir, Merlot, Irma hurricane, what's next? The bloody iron merlot red color. The nose, that start from nothing to...... everything. Blueberries, cherries, earth argile, iron, truffles, spices, meat, what else? On medium power, hey 2011 is just a fair vintage.

In mouth, medium power, but so tasty at the same time. Bay leave, blackberries, smoke, meat, truffle, earth, minerals, flavorful. Medium tannins, earthy tannins, old oak tannins, lot of spices on the decent long final. A bit spirity tonight. But MC and me don't mind. We'll buy some more. So good with the chicken with mushrooms. So good with MC. So good with me. A solid, solid, solid Pomerol, transcending the Merlot, oh well it is life, it is Bordeaux. Tn 92-93.

Nic

P.S that wine is like me, don't judge it in the first 30 minutes. Wait minimum 90 minutes and you'll have fun!
Nicklasss

Re: 2011 Chateau Certan de May de Certan

Post by Nicklasss »

Dusty black chocolate. Black violet flowers. The oak grain. Don't miss that wine. Smell and and taste it, every 20 minutes.

A strong 2011 that Chateau Certan de May de Certan, like the 2011 Chateau Calon Segur. Both are excellent, and even tremendous, in the context of the vintage.

Enough written. "When the music's over" The Doors.

Nic
Ognik

Post by Ognik »

Thanks a lot. Great writing. Great music. Great wine.
AKR

Post by AKR »

Sounds a little bit better than the green peppery 98 we had at BillP's a few weeks ago.