Back in the USA, sipping a lovely '12 Haut Bergey.

JimHow

Back in the USA, sipping a lovely '12 Haut Bergey.

Post by JimHow »

So I had a great week in London, and then I come back to more bricks through my windows at my law office, this time they got both of them.
I was following all the insanity while I was gone and I had to go where they've actually had terrorist attacks to feel safer.
Gerry M.

Re: Back in the USA, sipping a lovely '12 Haut Bergey.

Post by Gerry M. »

Whaaaatt? What have you been up to that pissed someone off that bad?? The whole city thing?

The 2012 Haut Bergey is aging very nicely and continues to please.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

It's starting to piss me off, Gerry M.
This country is in a sad state right now.
No need to throw bricks through my windows, this is costing me about $1,500 a shot.
I'm in this little political ordeal locally, yes, the city thing, we are crushing them and they are not happy,, another guy on my side, the mayor in the city across the river, had two bricks thrown through his window as well on the same night.

Anyway... Very impressed indeed with the 2012 Haut Bergey. This wine is legitimate. Don't be fooled by the $20-something price tag. This is a $30-something Graves.
drinking beautifully now and for the next decade, with admirable Graves characteristics.
A very solid 92 points.
Attachments
FullSizeRender-27.jpg
FullSizeRender-27.jpg (146.34 KiB) Viewed 745 times
FullSizeRender-26.jpg
FullSizeRender-26.jpg (129.61 KiB) Viewed 745 times
FullSizeRender-25.jpg
FullSizeRender-25.jpg (123.98 KiB) Viewed 745 times
AlexR

Post by AlexR »

This is not America as we would like to think of it.

Very sad.

AR
jckba

Post by jckba »

Why don’t you install a pair of outdoor waterproof camera’s outside as a deterrent and if this mischievous extra curricular behavior continues, maybe you can catch a headshot or a license plate of said delinquent and at least then you have someone or thing to go after.
Comte Flaneur

Post by Comte Flaneur »

Sorry to hear Jim, that's terrible to come back to.
marcs

Post by marcs »

is this about the town merging with some other city, or splitting apart, or whatever? Vaguely recall some mention in your post about meeting LePage. Sorry that you are having to experience this as a result of speaking up.

Re Haut Bergey -- the 2000 HB is really pretty fantastic. The 2005 wasn't as good, for my taste, but the 2000 is drinking amazing right now. Don't know if it's still available but it speaks well for aging this wine.

never been as much of a fan of the Barde Haut but the HB can still have that left bank crunch to it.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

It's hard to say, Marc, there are a lot of people out there who don't like me, a lot related to my law practice and a lot of people really pissed off over my opposition to this whole stupid municipal merger issue.

I was really impressed with the 2012 Haut Bergey last night. I agree with you on the 2005 Haut Bergey, I had it a while back and was not as impressed. I still say these Haut Bergeys, Barde Hats, La Fleur de Bouards, etc., are best consumed when young.
AKR

Post by AKR »

Every day in America the carnage is getting worse.

I heard this morning looters are hitting the mandatory evacuation zones in Sonoma, Napa etc.

BillP poured us some of that Haut Bergey a while ago. Sexy stuff, but these young wines all taste too grapey to me.
jal

Post by jal »

Horrible!
Do you remember the ending of the Stephen King book 11/22/63? I feel like it's coming true. Hurricanes causing major damage in Houston, in Puerto Rico, in the Caribbean. Earthquakes in Mexico, fires in California, mass murders in Vegas, white supremacists in Virginia, a US president bringing us on the verge of nuclear war, talk of a supervolcano eruption in Yellowstone.
This is all terrifying. Can whoever is responsible go back in time and fix that rift in the space/time continuum?
Last edited by jal on Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best

Jacques
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

That was such a great ending in that book!