A week.in BC

Nicklasss

A week.in BC

Post by Nicklasss »

A week in northern British Columbia gave me the opportunity to sample some local wines and beers.

The two ipa i had, from micro breweries
Sherwood Mountains and Driftwood were really good and at a low price. Driftwood is kinda 10th best brewery in BC, i can taste why. I don't drink lot of stout, but the one from Shewood was also well balanced and not too rich.

The wines were all over the quality spectra.

The 2016 riesling from Gehringer brothers was sweet but a very nice fruity lemony peachy apperitive.

The 2005 Bodalicious red was like a california piece of cake of a wine, too sweet, low acidity, bad.

The 2015 Hester Creek cabernet merlot was medium to weak, but not bad. Light cranberries and red berries style, young and not very interrsting.

The 2015 Inniskillin meritage was great. Concentration of flavors on the nose and mouth, fruity, bit of wood, raisiny, spicy, with good structure and lenght. It savef the week!

A friend made me taste a Nikka scotch and i really liked it. Complex and medium intensity for a blend made from cask, soft alcohol in mouth even if 51.3%! Oramge peel, salty caramel, spices, so good, i bought a bottle before leaving!

BC is always so beautiful.
:lol:
Nic
DavidG

Re: A week.in BC

Post by DavidG »

Mic, that Bodalicious sounds like it was approximately named. I thought "eeeew" as soon as I saw it.

A friend gave me a bottle of Nikka From The Barrel. It was delicious.