TN 2014 Poujeaux Moulis

jal

TN 2014 Poujeaux Moulis

Post by jal »

Dinner at home with chicken thighs, green beans and sweet potatoes. We opened along with some nondescript Champagne and a boring Bouchard Meursault the 2014 Poujeaux:
Purple dark color, sweet nose of fruits and earth, on the palate it has a grainy dusty mouthfeel which feels more pleasant than it sounds, good structure with earthiness and red fruits. The wine is balanced and has a good finish. Not much to cry home about and the dusty tannins are a bit harsh, but really not bad for the money, a decent quaffer for a midweek meal. 88 now but will probably improve over the next 3-5 years.
Best

Jacques
AKR

Re: TN 2014 Poujeaux Moulis

Post by AKR »

Does it seem like the older ones? basically the same or has it modernized? I've not had one in eons.
jal

Post by jal »

AKR wrote:Does it seem like the older ones? basically the same or has it modernized? I've not had one in eons.
I only ever remember having the 1998 and the 1999. I think it is more like 1998 and I remember liking the 1999 a lot more . In any case, there's nothing modern about this one, it is quite rustic and earthy.
Best

Jacques
Claudius2

Post by Claudius2 »

Jal,
I have been quaffing my way thru a case of the 2001, and it is the antithesis of a garagiste or ultra-modern Medoc with dusty, earthy dark fruits, medium body, dry finish and gentle cedar characters.
A nice wine that has no pretentions to greatness.