TN: 2004 Pol Roger

JimHow

TN: 2004 Pol Roger

Post by JimHow »

This was delicious last night, golden yellow, fresh, with some development to it. Nutty, very chilled, one of three bottles that Gerry M. directed me to on sale in NH earlier last year. Nice complexity, it hit the spot. Rating: 92 points.
Gerry M.

Re: TN: 2004 Pol Roger

Post by Gerry M. »

Pol Roger is my go-to Champagne and waiting for the 2006 to show up in NH. The NV is a great value to keep around to drink whenever the mood strikes.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I just noticed there is basically no vintage Pol Roger in stock in NH, Gerry, let me know when the 2006 shows up!
stefan

Post by stefan »

T bought a few 2006 Pol Roger for drinking over the holidays. It is good now but will certainly improve over the next five to ten years.

Tonight on the way back to Texas Lucie and drank a couple of nice 2005 Margaux--Ferriere and d'Angludet. The Ferriere was particularly impressive. The MargauxBerries are in bloom and the tannins are resolved but stand up to Ahi and Flat Iron. The D'Angludet, being drunk in our room while watching Alabama-Clemson and munching on Fritoes, is also pretty good while not having distinction.
Winona Chief

Post by Winona Chief »

Drank my last bottle of 2004 Pol Roger Rose on Wednesday night. Just terrific, full flavored with a wonderful hint of strawberry. I really like a nice Rose and this certainly had me in its spell. Several bottles of this were enjoyed at BWE DC in 2016. Liked it so much, I bought a bunch more but not enough. My score: about 94 points.

Chris Bublitz
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Sounds stunning Chris. The 2004 Pol Roger was such a pleasant surprise on New Years Eve. I expected it to be good but not THAT good.