2016 Riesling Les Jardins Ostertag

Nicklasss

2016 Riesling Les Jardins Ostertag

Post by Nicklasss »

Last Saturday, drank two nice Riesling and i immediately thought like why buying very expensive white, when all I really need is dry Riesling? Even if I like some expensive white, I seem to always prefer the white around the same latittude (Muscadet, Saumur, Sancerre, Chablis and Alsatian Riesling) with good acidity and no/ low oak.

Tonight, the 2016 Riesling Les Jardins from Ostertag is very nice. Very very light yellow, with a nice nose of white flowers, acidic green grape, light lemongrass, light candy unripe strawberries and white peaches. No wax or petroleum at all. In mouth, very nice, star fruit flavors, green melon, flowers, with some little fat, but also great acidity that clean the mouth, more white flowers and a great mineral and white berries finish. Very well made, medium body, an excellent wine. Can just be satisfied, for the price. Tn: 89-90. I recommend wine from Ostertag, organic, mineral, flowery and fruity. And no intrusive oak.

Nic
JimHow

Re: 2016 Riesling Les Jardins Ostertag

Post by JimHow »

This is borderline. I only drink wines that are 90 or better. Life is too short to drink mediocre wines. I love great wine but not mediocre wine or "just good" wine. I'd just as soon drink Diet Coke or ginger ale with my meal than drink an "everyday" wine or a mediocre wine. Great wine, 90+-point wine, yes... Give it to me all the time. Something less than what hits that sweet spot? Eh, I'll pass. Give me a beer. Or a Pepsi. I don't drink 87-point "weekday" wines. I'm not being a wine snob here. I just don't love wine that much that I feel the need to drink stuff that doesn't otherwise "wow" me.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

It is my birthday today, so i 'll call you to discuss about that.

You know Jim , marie-claude follow the clothing fashion and she always telling me i'm out of whack. My answer: you just have fun with your 10 people controlling the "fashion" and their 500 millions sheeps!

Nic
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Happy Birthday Nic. Celebrated my second 60th yesterday in Panama City at a very good restaurant called Caliope and yes had a good but middle of the road pleasing LAN Crianza with our main braised short rib with demi served on top of an absolutely delicious wild mushroom risotto that was one of the best that we've had anywhere. Great night and looking forward to the rest of our trip out of the frosty temperatures. Enjoy your day Nic.
Danny
Rudi Finkler

Post by Rudi Finkler »

JimHow wrote:This is borderline. I only drink wines that are 90 or better. Life is too short to drink mediocre wines. I love great wine but not mediocre wine or "just good" wine. I'd just as soon drink Diet Coke or ginger ale with my meal than drink an "everyday" wine or a mediocre wine. Great wine, 90+-point wine, yes... Give it to me all the time. Something less than what hits that sweet spot? Eh, I'll pass. Give me a beer. Or a Pepsi. I don't drink 87-point "weekday" wines. I'm not being a wine snob here. I just don't love wine that much that I feel the need to drink stuff that doesn't otherwise "wow" me.
When you drink too much wine, it doesn't matter whether the stuff got 89 or 99 points from whomsoever. - Just a spontaneous association. :-)

Happy Birthday, Nic!
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I'm just giving you the business.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Happy Birthday Nic!
And Danny, second 60th - you look great for 120!
Mine's later this month.
jal

Post by jal »

Joyeux anniversaire Nicolas
Welcome to paradise Danny
Best

Jacques
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Talked with Nicola yesterday, he still looks like he's about 26.
Did you drink the 2001 Nicola?