Where trendy Londoners dine...

AlexR

Where trendy Londoners dine...

Post by AlexR »

I was sent the following link this morning and forwarded it to Ian Amstad, who suggested I should post it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obKAgBRw29k

The video is a little long, but worth it, I think.

Best regards,
Alex R.
Tom In DC

Re: Where trendy Londoners dine...

Post by Tom In DC »

An interesting take on assessment by committee.
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Not surprising as to the outcome. These online review sites today must be taken with a grain of salt. I/we used to put a reasonable amount of faith in tripadvisor and chowhound etc to find restaurant/hotel recommendations when travelling somewhere we didn't know.

Going back 5-6 years ago the number 1 rated restaurant in the Ottawa area was a very mediocre to poor place that has since gone under in a small town just south of the city called Moose Creek. I'm not sure who was rating this place but similarly the place was hyped by someone and the place severely underwhelmed. Every restaurant that we visited in Panama and Costa Rica recently we were handed business cards and asked to give a 5 * review in Tripadvisor once we had a chance. This video was quite funny but it shows that it is not very difficult to pump your establishment to the top with a little effort and I must say for the short term it probably pays off. Serving frozen mac & cheese or lasagna with some micro greens and flowers was a bit much but not surprised how the sheep were herded in for the slaughter and couldn't resist saying how much they enjoyed their unique experience.
Danny
jal

Post by jal »

This is hilarious! Even I read somewhere not long ago that The Shed was the number 1 rated restaurant in London.
There's a reason we always go back to the familiar restaurants/hotels we visited in the past, basically, the message is never trust TripAdvisor or Yelp or any of these sites.
Best

Jacques
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

That was awesome.