Lawyer/philanthropist Jimmy L.B. How speaks on convention.

JimHow

Lawyer/philanthropist Jimmy L.B. How speaks on convention.

Post by JimHow »

WASHINGTON POST

LAWYER: NO "SUPERMARKET-LEVEL" WINES ALLOWED AT CONVENTION

Washington, D.C. (AP) -- Internationally renowned lawyer and philanthropist Jimmy "Lynch 'No Longer the New Lafite' Bages" How was in the nation's capital for a quick White House meeting with President Donald Trump and congressional leaders to discuss various pending issues, including possible representation in the ongoing investigation by former FBI Director Robert Mueller into possible Russian meddling in U.S. election affairs.

Greeting reporters near the north portico, questions turned almost immediately to How's recent criticisms of the controversial Bordeaux Pauillac classified growth Grand Puy Lacoste. Questions remain whether the wine will be allowed at the upcoming convention of Bordeaux Wine Enthusiasts, to be held in Washington later this month.

"You know me," laughed the jovial How. "I always tell it like it is. The BWE convention is reserved for wines of only the highest quality. All I can say at this time is that I implore convention goers to avoid wines of supermarket-level quality, like GPL."

How proceeded into the meeting without further comment.
DavidG

Re: Lawyer/philanthropist Jimmy L.B. How speaks on convention.

Post by DavidG »

@RealDonaldTrump:
GPL #sad

When asked if he might attend one of the BWE events, Trump responded "Not unless it’s at a Trump property."

There actually will be a major event on Saturday 3/24 in DC: the March for Our Lives gun control rally. Planners are expecting up to 500,000 according to the permit they filed. Location TBD. Peggy and I plan to attend at least part of it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/or ... e422d61260

Traffic may be a mess so plan accordingly.
marcs

Post by marcs »

I thought you were going to announce that 2018 BWE dinners would feature exclusively Trump Winery products.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Hmm good to know, David. I doubt they'll get a half million but if they end up marching to the Capitol we especially want to monitor transportation to Charlie Palmer.
I still haven't changed my reservation at the Hyatt Regency, which is closer to Charlie Palmer.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I thought you were going to announce that 2018 BWE dinners would feature exclusively Trump Winery products.
We need to get ahold of some Trump wines and put them in a blind tasting with GPL.
Winona Chief

Post by Winona Chief »

I don't know about that, the Trump wines I've tried were pretty bad but the 1990 Grand Puy Lacoste that johnz (Gary Rust) opened up last night here in Minneapolis was outstanding - 95 points easy.

Chris Bublitz
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

WASHINGTON POST

HOW ISSUES CHALLENGE

Washington, D.C. (AP) -- Internationally renowned lawyer and philanthropist Jimmy "Lynch 'No Longer the New Lafite' Bages" How was seen dining in the Georgetown area last night, following a round of meetings on K Street.

"Maybe I should change my middle name to 'Barde Haut,'" laughed the affable How to reporters, referring to the recent Bordeaux Wine Enthusiasts Wine of the Year recipient. "That 2012 was stunning. My good friend Bob Parker and I are going to have a bottle or two up in Baltimore later in the week."

Selection of the rich and ripe Barde Haut created a bit of a fuss last year as a small group of BWE upstarts protested the historic selection of BWE's first right bank wine as wine of the year.

"In fact, I'll be more than happy to bring a couple bottles each of the 2012 Barde Haut and 2014 Grand Puy Lacoste if someone can come up with a couple bottles of President Trump's Cabernet Sauvignon for a three way blind tasting," said How. "It would be fascinating to see whether the GPL or the Trump Cab came in last place in the battle of the supermarket-level bottom feeders."

How said that the blind tasting would be an in-room exercise as no supermarket-level wines are allowed, of course, at official BWE convention dinners.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

WASHINGTON POST

"SUPERMARKET WINE" TO SNEAK IN BWE CONVENTION.

Washington, D.C. (AP) -- Internationally renowned lawyer and philanthropist Jimmy "Lynch 'No Longer the New Lafite' Bages" How might be surprised in the nation's capital : the Chateau Grand-Puy Lacoste will sneak in and be present at the 2018 BWE convention. Some unidentified sources have confess that the reaction of the BD of BWE vs the renowned Fifth Growth of Pauillac, is exagerated, a bit like the Trump/Jong-Un reliationship.

"Comparing the GPL to a supermarket wine" is highly exaggerated, as How has already wrote about the 1985 GPL, after a dinner at Etch restaurant in Nashville, that it was a "BWE legend, a 1985 Grand Puy Lacoste, the cork was in rough shape but it showed appropriate evolution. It was a great 1980s GPL, back in the days when they made good wines. It reached a great peak during the meal then started a slow fade. A real great Pauillac treat. 93 points". How don't even hide himself when he declared many time that the 1995 Chateau Grand-Puy Lacoste is a great GPL, and about the 2014, "I must say, a quarter of a bottle in, this is displaying better than supermarket-quality level of Pauillac....".

Improved and positive bromance is expected in the coming weeks between How and the Pauillac Cabernet base Xavier Borie Fifth Growth, a little bit the same hope as for USA and North Korea.
Winona Chief

Post by Winona Chief »

Still a couple rooms left for the BWE Convention at the Trump International Hotel in downtown DC - at only $504 per night.

Chris Bublitz
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

WASHINGTON POST

HOW ADOPTS NEW MIDDLE NAME DAYS PRIOR TO BWE CONVENTION

Washington, D.C. (AP) -- In a stunning announcement, internationally renowned and beloved lawyer and philanthropist Jimmy How announced that he was adopting the middle initials "B.H." in celebration of St. Emilion's Chateau Barde Haut, the 2016 Bordeaux Wine Enthusiasts Wine of the Year.

"You can call me Jimmy 'Barde "This Ain't No Supermarket Swill" Haut' How," How said to an aghast media contingent at the steps of the United States Supreme Court building just prior to a private lunchtime meeting with U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts.

The new moniker replaces How's longtime association with Chateau Lynch Bages, with whom he has had a long commercial relationship.

The announcement, made only days before the upcoming Bordeaux Wine Enthusiasts annual wine convention to be held this year in the capital, immediately generated questions among members of the press and public as to the role, if any, Barde Haut might play at the upcoming convention.

"We shall see," said How. "I think there is a certain little thin-bodied supermarket-level 'Pauillac' that needs an education on what the meaning of real Bordeaux is." The comment was an obvious reference to Pauillac fifth growth Chateau Grand Puy Lacoste, with whom How has expressed displeasure in recent years. How has recently speculated on the possibility of a blind tasting match up between Barde Haut, Grand Puy Lacoste, and Trump Cabernet.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Bung Hole?
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

If only there were a Stormy Daniels wine to put in the mix. It might garner a classic John Kapon tasting note.

Or even better: With internationally renowned and beloved lawyer and philanthropist Jimmy How's connections, maybe he could arrange for Ms. Daniels to attend and offer an opinion on how the Trump tastes. Or even Mr. Trump himself ("The Don" to his "family") might attend. Just how much pull does Jimmy BH How have?
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

WASHINGTON POST

HOW ADOPTS "THE WORST" NEW MIDDLE NAME DAYS PRIOR TO BWE CONVENTION?

Washington, D.C. (AP) -- "I feel a bit like in the Muppet Show"! declared a young Bordeaux enthusiast from Québec, about the last statement of Jimmy BH How. "Even Madonna (in her best years), David Bowie or President Trump, have never been as provocatives! In all respect to the influent lawyer and philanthropist, sometimes somethings can't be understood. The move about the middle name, that should be without consequences, is totally non congruent to the many external observers" add the respected fine nose and palate, from the unique french province of North America.

That story could be badly pizzaz, just before the greatest annual reunion of Bordeaux wines enthusiasts of the World. Even "GPL" would have been better, as middle name letters to many. With an "awesome" average of 89.5 points for the 2012 Chateau Barde-O on a popular general wine rating site, statistically confirmed by renowned mathematician Mr. B. Johnson, no one can't figure the sane satiety of that call.

Many red Bordeaux lovers, critics, professionals or not, are asking kindly "where are the great 1947, 1949, 1959, 1961, 1970, 1978, 1982, 1985, 1986, 1990, 1995, 1996 or 2000 Chateau Barde-O?" Is Saint Émilion really a "Saint"? Sometime the simplest things are the best to explain complex things, so "how much Cabernet Sauvignon in the Barde-O" was the question asked by Chateau Grand-Puy Lacoste communication representative on a live interview on CNN... asking the question is directly linked to the fate of the answer.