I'm Stoked

dstgolf

I'm Stoked

Post by dstgolf »

Sometimes you have to toot your horn and share your your victories in life. Today I qualified for our clubs intersectional golf team playing in the elite division this year with ten guys on the team playing head to head matches against three other clubs going out in foursomes in a gross match play event July 8th. I'm now the oldest guy to ever make the team at our club with only three guys over thirty on the team with me at 61 being the wisest I guess. Nice to be on a personal high and who better to share this with than friends of BWE. Quite a personal accomplishment for an old dude and I'll wait til the weekend to celebrate!! :D
Danny
DavidG

Re: I'm Stoked

Post by DavidG »

Congratulations Danny, that is quite an accomplishment.
stefan

Post by stefan »

Impressive, Danny! Go for it!
jal

Post by jal »

Nice Danny, you are proof that sixty is the new thirty! I bet it’s a combination of the Canadian health care system with good Bordeaux.
Good luck in the tournaments
Best

Jacques
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Congratulations Danny. I don't like golfing as I'm so bad at it, so appreciate when someone's good at it.

But I like to watch golf on tv, will you be on tv?

Nic
jckba

Post by jckba »

Good for you and looking forward to hearing about what you choose to open to celebrate this special occasion / accomplishment!
sdr

Post by sdr »

Congratulations Danny and may all your putts roll the right way.

Stu
stefan

Post by stefan »

Watch out, Danny; they might do drug testing, especially when they see a 61 year old doctor hitting 300 yard drives.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I want pictures!
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Guys,

Thanks for the compliments. SDR I'm down 10 yds off the tee this year but 290s not bad for an old fart. Yesterday it was hot and the ball was flying so I got a couple out to 340+. It was fabulous to beat the chirpy kid in my group of on a golf scholarship to Kent State. I must say that work and age get in the way of of a good game most days and I had my concerns yesterday putting in a 30 km bike ride in the morning and we're having our deck redone and with the tear out I noticed part of our interlock patio had sunk so I decided to pull out a 10x10 sq ft section and level it out. My god was I sore following and thank god for extra strength tylenol and advil which is like a miracle the only problem was that I took once I arrived at the club and it took w 4 holes to kick in. After a brutal start with a great save par at 1, double bogey 2 and bogey 3 I went 2 under par for the next 15 holes to post a 1 over par round and secure a spot. The 10 ft downhill slider for par on 18 felt like I had just won the US Open. What feeling!!! Great to be in my 60s the new 40s I think someone recently mentioned. Proud to have put away most that were 1/2 to 1/3 my age and certainly not under the daily stresses of a very busy professional life. Feeling great!! Thanks for all of the good wishes and no Nic you won't see the matches on TSN or the golf network but there will be a spread in Score Magazine for sure.
Danny