PSA: Bepe Rinaldi Tribute Dinner in NYC 10/8

BordeauxNut

PSA: Bepe Rinaldi Tribute Dinner in NYC 10/8

Post by BordeauxNut »

I'm going to this -- thought I'd post here to see if anyone had any interest. (No affiliation)

Levi Dalton is coordinating this.

Giuseppe "Beppe" Rinaldi passed away in early September of this year. During his life he crafted numerous astonishingly good wines, and furthered a legacy of traditional Barolo during a period of time when it was not always fashionable to do so. He was known for carrying through on the force of his beliefs with determination, while also exhibiting a sly smile and a precocious wit. He became a legendary figure in his own era, and the Rinaldi cellar, seemingly imbued with magic, has become a site of pilgrimage for Barolo lovers from around the world.

On Monday, October 8th there will be a dinner in honor of Beppe Rinaldi in New York starting at 7pm. Those who knew Beppe or just enjoyed the wines over the years are encouraged to attend, to share memories with one other, to toast with Rinaldi wines, and to celebrate Beppe in a manner he would have approved of: by having a good time.

The wonderful restaurant Marta in The Redbury Hotel has designed a special menu of Italian foods to enjoy at this memorial dinner. Wine service will be provided by some of New York's finest sommeliers, led by Jeffrey Porter of the B&B Hospitality Group and Jenni Guizio of the Union Square Hospitality Group. There will be an open mic available to those who would like to share memories of Beppe with others.

Please bring a bottle of Giuseppe Rinaldi wine to enjoy and share with others at this meal. This is a BYOB, "La Paulée" style event.

Tickets are $150 + your bottle.

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F% ... WUXP3YxrIG

Cheers!
DavidG

Re: PSA: Bepe Rinaldi Tribute Dinner in NYC 10/8

Post by DavidG »

Times like this I wish I lived in NYC.
jckba

Re: PSA: Bepe Rinaldi Tribute Dinner in NYC 10/8

Post by jckba »

Hi Jim,

This sounds like a great event but unfortunately I missed the boat on these Rinaldi’s :oops: