TN: 05 Cantemerle

Michael-P

TN: 05 Cantemerle

Post by Michael-P »

05 Cantemerle (December 2008 in Lyon) – clear, clean, medium dark red with lots of purple, lavender and brown tints. Without waiting on opening, the nose seems a bit confused as it changes quickly, initially quite acidic, then grapes, then strawberry, then blackberry, and alcohol. The taste is simple at first but hints of complexity later. Finally settling down to a simple, fresh wine of light black fruits, light red meat with a touch of smoke and a soft tannic and acidic finish. Not much concentration. [84] But 24 hours later, same color, bigger nose of lots of cherry and blueberry and oak. Upfront mid-palette and more concentrated with strawberry, cherry, blackberry with a short acidic tannic finish. 88
Houndsong

Re: TN: 05 Cantemerle

Post by Houndsong »

I had a thought to buy this as a future but did not. Can't say it sounds similar to anything I did buy but it appears not to be in good drinking form right now.
rjsussex

Post by rjsussex »

My first bottle from a case was also in December 08 and I liked it a great deal.

Richard
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

I enjoyed one bottle of this wine, about a 90 pointer in my easy scoring system. If it develops a Margaux-esque perfume someday, it could be even better.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I too liked it after it first hit the shelves.
William P

Post by William P »

I too liked it in early 08. I think we are witnessing how hard the 05 have shut down. They are not very gracious in their youth.