Two hour Saturday afternoon lunch.

JimHow

Two hour Saturday afternoon lunch.

Post by JimHow »

Getting warmed up for the big dinner tonight, sixteen of us met for lunch at the hotel restaurant.
I really enjoyed the 1996 Leoville Barton, one of my wines of the weekend. We howed it but it can certainly benefit from a blanquito or two. That 1996 cabernet, mmm, yummy.
2008 Dom Perignon is living up to the hype, this is going to be quite brilliant with age. I'll bring a couple more bottles with dinner tonight.
1978 Lynch Bages was a great old style toboacco and leather Lynch, still deeply colored, I think this is going to have a long plateau but I don't see it getting better. But don't get me wrong, it is a beauty.
2000 Magdelaine, to me this is in a great drinking window right now.
As is the 2006 d'Angerville Champans.
We had some other white Burgundies and Champagne, I'll let others fill in the blanks.
Ah, the BWE convention weekend lunches, one of the great traditions of BWE.
A nice nap has been had and we are now ready to depart for the Saturday night main event!
Attachments
IMG_1676.jpg
IMG_1676.jpg (122.7 KiB) Viewed 579 times
stefan

Re: Two hour Saturday afternoon lunch.

Post by stefan »

There was a tall glass of St Innocent 2008 Shea Special Selection left over that we took back to the room. After an extra couple of hours of air it was amazing. At lunch only Jill recognized what an outstanding wine this is; easily of Grand Cru Burgundy quality. I should have opened it in the morning.
Claret

Re: Two hour Saturday afternoon lunch.

Post by Claret »

stefan wrote:There was a tall glass of St Innocent 2008 Shea Special Selection left over that we took back to the room. After an extra couple of hours of air it was amazing. At lunch only Jill recognized what an outstanding wine this is; easily of Grand Cru Burgundy quality. I should have opened it in the morning.
Nice, I have 3.
Glenn