Thank you to ALL BWEers for coming to Denver...

JimHow

Thank you to ALL BWEers for coming to Denver...

Post by JimHow »

....And for those who couldn't make it as well, but continue to support this site.
It doesn't matter what wines you bring. As a fine young man from Canada once said here:
"BWE is about the people."
These conventions are truly an uplifting experience every year.
I just don't see this level of goodwill and generosity in other aspects of my life.
I know it's not always easy to get there, or to block off the time out of our busy schedules.
It is truly remarkable. Without ALL of your participation, these events and this website would not be the success that they are.
My gratitude goes to EVERYone.
My goal for 2019-2020: Hang out with more BWEers offline during the course of the year.
JimHow

Re: Thank you to ALL BWEers for coming to Denver...

Post by JimHow »

I love these BWE pictures, where nobody deserves any thanks more than anybody else, where EVERYbody deserves thanks for participating, whether they travel from thousands of miles away, or from continents away, or whether they contribute fancy wines or not so fancy wines, or whether they even attend at all. I always get uncomfortable about call outs to anybody in particular. EVERYbody contributes to the success of BWE, not just people who contribute better wines, etc. Everybody makes a contribution, a sacrifice, to participate. Without the total group contribution, none of our success is possible. And every bit as imortant is the participation of those who can't attend BWE conventions for one reason or another but nonetheless continue to post their notes here, enthusiastically, as BWE continues its reign as... the best wine website in the world.
Attachments
IMG_2927.jpg
IMG_2927.jpg (110.35 KiB) Viewed 493 times
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Jim,

We missed some great wines but sounds like Nic is right again. The people are what BWE is all about and the memories created are enabled by a bottle or two along the way. Always a pleasure to get together or live vicariously through others experiences that are shared through this site.

By the way chilling down in Playa Del Carmen for the week out of the cold & snow still back home has eased the pain/disappointment of not being with the gang in Denver. Until next time.
Danny
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Indeed Danny, quite a family we have here, the overall BWE experience, online and off, is very special.
We shall see you guys in the future!
jal

Post by jal »

I’ve been on a high since Sunday. What a great time of warmth, friendship, generosity and goodwill. Friends we haven’t seen for years and it seemed like yesterday. Thanks for everything, guys. We can’t wait to see everyone again.
Best

Jacques
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Me too, on a high since last Thursday. A great bunch of people for sure, it goes too fast. I was very happy to see everyone. The friendship links between us are crazy. I'll post something about the people.

And me too, like Jim, i will try to make some BWE offlines in 2019.

Nic