Music for the masses

Nicklasss

Music for the masses

Post by Nicklasss »

An excellent CD from Depeche Mode. Very 80's, when Depeche Mode were producing great stuff every vintage. The "Cordier" of keyboard base music.

Tonight, with duck confit, I opened a 2014 Carobbio Chianti Classico. This wine is promoted by the Québec wine critics and I have to admit, it is a "wine for the masses". Not that it is a bad wine, but a limited wine. Yes it has that italien wine dry character, with it's dark red color, it's ok aromas of red cherries, black licorice, spicy meaty pepperoni (first time I smell that in a wine!), it's very dry mouth with dry cherries and red berries fruit, with cannabis flavors and what else? Unfortunately, not a friendly or interesting wine for someone who expect some character/complexity/freshness. But hey, this is probably a treat for the masses. Tn: 80.

I abdict on local critics. They let me down (at the opposite, "Never let me down" on Music for the masses is a great song!).

Nic
stefan

Re: Music for the masses

Post by stefan »

Is abdict a word?
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

"Abdict" is Quebequois idiom for "give up," a derivation of "abdicate." I'm "abdicting," or "abdicating" the critics... I'm "giving up on" the critics, like a monarch might abdicate a throne.....
JCNorthway

Post by JCNorthway »

Great, JimHow. :D
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Seems like "I abdicate" would be more appropriate. Sorry for the confusion ang thanks Jim for the precision.

Nic
AlohaArtakaHoundsong

Post by AlohaArtakaHoundsong »

Absquatulate