2016 Bouchard Père et Fils Pommard

Nicklasss

2016 Bouchard Père et Fils Pommard

Post by Nicklasss »

A first sunny and half warm day in Saguenay. We've been waiting that since 3 weeks...

The Bourgognes are even beating Bordeaux, for price raise since a few vintage. Even village wines seem unaffordable. Tonight with chicken on the bbq and some sautés mushrooms, i bought a "kind of affordable" 2016 Bouchard Père et Fils Pommard. Looking forward to it as some here liked a few 2016 up-to-now for their Bourguignon style.

Let's see later.

Nic
Nicklasss

Re: 2016 Bouchard Père et Fils Pommard

Post by Nicklasss »

I could have arrested the choice on a Bordeaux, but MC likes Pinot Noir from Bourgogne. So I hope will delivers something good.

Seems like my neck, after 11 days of in and out pain, if now stabilizing. Having some lightning in my head, from time to time, wasn't very fun. Stayed very quiet during this time. I understand now why electric chocks were used to calm down agitate mental disease people in the past...

Nic
CJD

Post by CJD »

I like the 2016 Bouchard whites,Bourgogne & Pouilly Fuisse & are fairly widely available at good prices in the US.
Haven’t tried their reds. Joesph Drouhin cotes de nuit can tick the Bourgogne box sometimes at this level.

Neck pain. Had it for most of March & April. Pillows - I have every height combination imaginable. In the end it just went away. Pain in the neck expression seen in a whole new light!
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Pain in the neck, i now hate a lot.

For the Pommard, a different story. The nicest color i've seen in a long time, a mix of cherry and dark roses red. Nose is complex, way more than regional Bourgogne. Cherries, kirsch, game, mint, minerals, some noble spicy oak. A super nose. Mouth is strict and young. Principal flavors of concentrated light bitter blackberries, lots of spicy minerals, medium body pinot with good tannins. Some more earthy minerals. Not that long but ok. All in all, very satisfying, very Pommard. Tn: 90.

Nic