TN: 2010 Rollan de By [Medoc]

AKR

TN: 2010 Rollan de By [Medoc]

Post by AKR »

2010 Rollan de By [Medoc] This is an estate that is next to Greysac, and shares a common owner. 14% abv, and a blend of 70% merlot, with the balance equally weighted between CS/CF/PV. I get a lot of herbal, oregano, pyrazine notes on the nose, but they are ripe like a good bell pepper. It's a dark, chewy wine with a fair slug of tannin still at age ten, but its drinking well now even without a decant. Cedary notes on the palate. I like this. Easy B+

1995 Croix du Casse [Pomerol] 12.5% abv I love this mature, balanced wine and have drunk much of it over the years. Cherries and then sweet black fruit, and a fully resolved soft texture with nice depth. A classier wine than the Medoc, even if their cepage is similar. It's a lighter garnet than the other wine too. A- in my ledger. Jean Michel Arcaute made some great wines during this era.
OrlandoRobert

Re: TN: 2010 Rollan de By [Medoc]

Post by OrlandoRobert »

Drinkers wines. Love it!
AKR

Post by AKR »

You would like the RdB - it has a touch of that Loire like Cab Franc feel to it even if that's only a small proportion of the grapes.

I put down a double mag of that 2010 RdB for the kids.
AlohaArtakaHoundsong

Post by AlohaArtakaHoundsong »

I have not had too many 1995 right bankers but the few I have had, including the Croix du Casse (x3), have been exemplary going back 10 years or so.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

AlohaArtakaHoundsong wrote:I have not had too many 1995 right bankers but the few I have had, including the Croix du Casse (x3), have been exemplary going back 10 years or so.
Yes, the 95 Croix du Casse was a great value.