Ribera del Duero and a Bourgogne

Nicklasss

Ribera del Duero and a Bourgogne

Post by Nicklasss »

Last night, opened a young 2015 Tinto Pesquera Crianza. Dark color, nice nose, a bit reserved, but with those acidic rasberries, noble oak vanilla, minerals and light spicy fennel. In mouth, better, with more concentration than on the nose. Stays fresh rasberry tempranillo, smoke, vanilla, light herbs. Medium dry clay flavors too. Good final that is fresh. Will open more in the next 8-10 years. Very good. Tn: 89-90.

Tonight, a 2016 Hautes Côtes de Beaune Clos de la Perrière from Sébastien Magnien is hitting above it weight. Medium dark pinot, with nice Côtes de Beaune nose of red berries, red cherries, fresh and spicy. In mouth, aerial fruit, red berries, acidic berries, but surrounded in noble oak, spices (cinnamon and white pepper) and with a long final of kirsch. Kinda light and long and complex at the same time. Excellent and perfumed. Tn: 90-91.

Nic
AKR

Re: Ribera del Duero and a Bourgogne

Post by AKR »

I've got friends who buy Pesquera every vintage, and rave about it. I only bought it in 2001 and 2010 that I recall. Maybe 96 a long time ago?
brodway

Post by brodway »

i used to love Pesquera in the mid 90's. it was a phenomenal value that i drank at least on a half dozen occasions a year. i really don't remember a bad bottle. probably wouldn't consider one now with my palate transformed over last 20 years but it sure served me well at a time when my budget was constrained
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Nice report Nic.
Similar experience here Emil. I've drifted away from Pesquera but think I would still enjoy it.