Thank you Tommy and others for trip that wasn't to be...

JimHow

Thank you Tommy and others for trip that wasn't to be...

Post by JimHow »

...But we'll get there next year!

I last saw Stefan and Lucie at Reagan National, our last words: "See you in two weeks in Bordeaux!"
Well, a nightmare has hit us in the meantime, but we'll meet again some sunny day in the Medoc.
We were supposed to be coming home after a week of wine and friendship.
Thursday was going to be a spectacular visit in Pauillac, with Mouton and Lafite and a lunch with Alfred Tesseron at Pontet Canet.
I was really looking forward to getting to Tour Saint Christophe and Belfont Belcier to raise a toast of the 2016 Tour Saint Christophe with Howard Kwok.
And lunch with Mr. Glumineau at Pichon Lalande on Wednesday.
And VCC, La Fleur Petrus, Palmer, wow....

All to wrap up at Chateau Rychlewski for a farewell dinner on Friday night.

An immense amount of hard work was put into the effort, Tom Wheltle in particular as our treasurer did a yeoman job, dealing with exchange rates, reservations, refunds, the uncertainty of our scheduling.... He even ordered this beautiful diary and pen set which will not go unused, it'll make a great resourse for thoughts during life in the pandemic.

Ah well.... Life goes on, it was not meant to be this year but I have no doubt the blue skies will drive the dark clouds away and we'll meet again some sunny day!

Thank you again Danny, Ian, Michael, Patrick, Timmy, and everyone else, especially that force of nature Tommy in DC/CO, for all your hard work, your BD thanks you from the bottom of his heart.
Attachments
IMG_3702.jpg
IMG_3702.jpg (109.86 KiB) Viewed 386 times
Comte Flaneur

Re: Thank you Tommy and others for trip that wasn't to be...

Post by Comte Flaneur »

Not forgetting our BD’s outsize contribution scoring some very big ticket appointments - Lafite, Mouton, Palmer, Pichon Lalande,,La Tour St-Christophe...and for being our noble ambassador in the final painful rounds of communications with each of the estates which should stand us in good stead for next time.

Tom deserves special thanks too for his tireless work as Treasurer, herding cats and taking on credit risk...
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

And if there's an open space left next time, or two... ;-)

Nic
brodway

Post by brodway »

Jim...
Life goes on, it was not meant to be this year but I have no doubt the blue skies will drive the dark clouds away and we'll meet again some sunny day!
and you say you are not a religious man...that was biblical i tell you....

there is no doubt that next year the trip will have more meaning to all involved...don't ever lose hope
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Tom and everyone to a trip that could've been.

After a whole lot of work by many a backbone is in place for a fabulous trip another time. Some frustrations along the way trying to put things together but in the end this trip would have been epic and in the end with what has unfolded around the world there will always be next year. The work is not complete and Tom has been baring the brunt of dealing with and keeping track of refunds etc and to him we're all very thankful. Til next time.
Danny