2009 Chateau Your DeMons ( Margaux ).

spikegrhm

2009 Chateau Your DeMons ( Margaux ).

Post by spikegrhm »

The pandemic has changed much about all of our lives. My wife and I travel every other year to spend a week in Montana on a mountaintop at the North end of Flathead Lake at the home of close friends. This year our group has decided that flying on a commercial aircraft purely for pleasure just was not wise. Consequently, our group of chums spent last weekend driving to a mountain home in North Georgia near the Tennessee line for a long secluded weekend. We spent several days eating, drinking and discussing current situations among all in attendance. Many wines were consumed from Napa, Bandol and Burgundy. However, the wine which left me with a smiling face was a 2009 Tour De Mons, a wine which one would consider trivial compared to the weekend competition. I rarely keep notes, however, this wine had a huge nose with a soft palate of blue fruit with no knees or elbows,an absolute pleasure to drink . I purchased this one in a six pack upon release...this is my first bottle consumed. The 2009's of which I have only cracked a few seem to yield towards the modern side which I remember being the standard mantra at release. However, for a wine that I only remember costing in the $20's, there is much to like. Here is wishing that all of us can find suitable diversions this year to soften our cancelled plans and to add spice to our lives.
Chateau Vin

Re: 2009 Chateau Your DeMons ( Margaux ).

Post by Chateau Vin »

Wondering if it's La Tour de Mons. I have had 09 La Tour de Mons a year or so ago, and I really liked it. I have also had 09 La Tour de Bessan, and I also liked that. Both of them cost 20 bucks or less...Terrific value...
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Love the title typo (or was it intentional?)! Nothing like some good company and wine to chase away your demons, pandemic-induced or otherwise.
AKR

Post by AKR »

IIRC there is some connection between this estate and Palmer. I've had a few of them over the years and maybe the only one that underwhelmed might have been a dusty 1998
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

I read that the 2016 Chateau La Tour Bessan is suposed to be one of the best vintage ever for that chateau...

I would be interested to taste these two 2009 Margaux.

Nic
spikegrhm

Post by spikegrhm »

Sorry, LA TOUR DE MONS. My computer will auto correct without caps...did not notice the new Chateau that I created in the heading.
AlohaArtakaHoundsong

Post by AlohaArtakaHoundsong »

I have enjoyed the 01, 03, 06 and 09 Tour de Mons. The 09 is big and inky, or was the last time I had it. This is one cb I buy without hesitation, when I see it.
AlohaArtakaHoundsong

Post by AlohaArtakaHoundsong »

AKR wrote:IIRC there is some connection between this estate and Palmer. I've had a few of them over the years and maybe the only one that underwhelmed might have been a dusty 1998
I thought that was d'Angludet.