Domaine Hubert Lamy profile

Wine Talks

Post by Wine Talks »

I have recently attended a very insightful Zoom tasting with Olivier Lamy from Domaine Hubert Lamy.

I was so much inspired with that session so decided to do my small contribution and wrote an article which you might find helpful to learn more about this outstanding winemaker in Saint Aubin.

Since it is a quite a long read, I would rather post a link to the article.

Enjoy reading and I will appreciate for your feedback and comments.

Check out my wine writing stasmedvedev.medium.com

Follow me on Instagram

Check my tasting notes on CellarTracker
DavidG

Re: Domaine Hubert Lamy profile

Post by DavidG »

Nice profile Stas. Beautiful pictures.

How did the tasting work logistically? Did everyone buy the same set of wines from Lamy so all could compare notes? Or did everyone bring whatever they had? What did you think of the '17 St Aubins? Any TNs or comparisons to other similarly priced wines?
Wine Talks

Post by Wine Talks »

DavidG wrote:Nice profile Stas. Beautiful pictures.

How did the tasting work logistically? Did everyone buy the same set of wines from Lamy so all could compare notes? Or did everyone bring whatever they had? What did you think of the '17 St Aubins? Any TNs or comparisons to other similarly priced wines?
Hi David!

Everyone brought the wines they had. So it was very random.
Actually, I like 2017 vintage a lot. It is showing nicely even at this baby age and has a hell of potential going forward. So the best way is to buy a case or two of the wine and observe how it develops over the years. But drinks nicely already.
I recently did my own tasting of '17 Saint Aubins where we had Mikulski, Hubert Lamy and Marc Colin. I really like this commune and I think today it often times shows on par with highly regarded neighbors of P-M and Ch-M. You find more white marl in St. Aubin so it might be chalky mineral and even remind of Chablis. Today many great producers lowered their yields and you find a great quality in St. Aubin. I really like Lamy wines cause they show St. Abin terroir very well and he has a very good balance between the reduction and oxidation. His wines are just right.

Follow me on Instagram

jal

Post by jal »

Nice writeup
I like Hubert Lamy's St Aubin. I agree that they convey a typicity not found in most of the other region producers' wines. I especially enjoyed the en Remilly and Derrière Chez Edouard. They're getting up in price though.
Best

Jacques
sdr

Post by sdr »

Thanks for the excellent educational piece, Stas.

After years of searching I finally snagged at auction a few bottles of the Criots-Bâtard-Montrachet. I drank the ‘13 Haute Density and loved it. Unique, crystalline, flavorful, poised. I’d like to try some of the St. Aubin to see how close it comes.

Stu
Wine Talks

Post by Wine Talks »

jal wrote:Nice writeup
I like Hubert Lamy's St Aubin. I agree that they convey a typicity not found in most of the other region producers' wines. I especially enjoyed the en Remilly and Derrière Chez Edouard. They're getting up in price though.
Thank you jacques for your kind words!
Yes, prices are catching up with the neighbours. Sadly. I very much like how Hubert Lamy shows the distinction of St. Aubin terroir.

Follow me on Instagram

Wine Talks

Post by Wine Talks »

sdr wrote:Thanks for the excellent educational piece, Stas.

After years of searching I finally snagged at auction a few bottles of the Criots-Bâtard-Montrachet. I drank the ‘13 Haute Density and loved it. Unique, crystalline, flavorful, poised. I’d like to try some of the St. Aubin to see how close it comes.

Stu
Hi Stu!

Wow, lucky you! What a treat to get CBM haute densite! Market price is enormous now. So is the wine! Found your tasting note on CT - awesome!

Follow me on Instagram