TN: 2007 Château Pesquié Côtes du Ventoux Terrasses

Rick

TN: 2007 Château Pesquié Côtes du Ventoux Terrasses

Post by Rick »

• 2007 Château Pesquié Côtes du Ventoux Terrasses - France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Côtes du Ventoux (7/27/2009)
    i do not think I get RP91 however it is an easy to drink wine that has some fun flavors and complexity to it. For a $10 wine it has complexity Rhone gravel, fruit, spice and tannis, nice color dark but not deep dense color, medium weight and a reasonable finish
    I good solid 89 pt wine (89 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker
Chasse-Spleen

Re: TN: 2007 Château Pesquié Côtes du Ventoux Terrasses

Post by Chasse-Spleen »

I will look for this one. thanks for the note.
-Chasse
AlexR

Post by AlexR »

I am currently working on a translation about these wines.

Trivia: as of last year, the appellation changed names from Côtes de Ventoux to just plain Ventoux.*

I think that was a smart move. Buzet did the same.
With one or two exceptions (Côte Rôtie), the name "côtes" tends to imply less than top quality.

All the best,
Alex
JCNorthway

Post by JCNorthway »

Rick,

I've had this wine a couple of times. I bought it when Binny's had it on sale for around $10. I went back and bought a case as fast as I could. I think this wine will drink way above it's weight class in a year or so. The 2007s have lots of fruit, but there are also tannins that need to resolve a bit. I am excited about its prospects for being a great weekday dinner wine.

I was actually introduced to this wine last year in France where I drank the 2005. Then my local wine guy had the 2006, which was also quite good. I'm not sure why I never heard of the wine before the last couple of years. I wonder if they only recently started to import it.

I agree with you that I'm not sure I would give it 91 pts - I'm stingy. But it is indeed a very enjoyable wine now and will improve over the short term. I'm tempted to get a 2nd case if I find it for around the same price as when I bought mine.

Jon
Chasse-Spleen

Post by Chasse-Spleen »

Garnet has the '06 for $11. I guess I may have to try that one for the moment unless they get the '07 eventually. Unfortunately, plenty of wine shops don't end up getting each and every vintage of a great producer that they have a relationship with however directly or indirectly (that sounds like some people that I know - geez!). They sell through and then end up skipping here and there (even more familiar - OMG!).

But I'll never forget the time I was in Nice and went to this restaurant with an Australian girl that I met (less of a brag-worthy experience than as imagined, unfortunately ;0( I ordered a Cotes de Ventoux 2003 off the list - it was delicious.
-Chasse
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

This note made me think of the ascent up Mt. Ventoux on the next to last leg of the TdF last weekend. One of the commentators on the Vs. network had something to say about wine from CduP or CdR, but I was more engrossed in those guys humping it up that "hill."
JCNorthway

Post by JCNorthway »

David,

NWR, but wasn't that an incredible stage to watch?! One of the best that I have seen in several years. Astana (with Contador and Armstrong) had the perfect strategy - and the legs/lungs to carry it out.

Jon
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Jon, it was amazing. They answered every burst by those brothers. Just a great stage.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Jon
I can pick you up some at Famous
rick