TN: 2008 de Sales [Pomerol]

AKR

TN: 2008 de Sales [Pomerol]

Post by AKR »

2008 de Sales [Pomerol] The label states 13.5% abv, but it feels like a skinny wine to me, comparable to what a diet cola tastes like after tasting a full sugar version. My example is light bodied, with a zesty, cranberry like nose. Some rhubarb too. Color is also rather advanced for a bottle only a dozen years old, and stored properly. Finish washes away in 10-15 seconds. It's ok for a glass, while reading in the afternoon, but its a lot softer than some of the good wines this mass market estate put out in 90, 98 and 00, although the last was not as dense as the first two. Harvesting here is by machine, so when everything is good weather/rot wise, they can do well. If there is any trickiness to the harvest...it starts going downhill from there. I cannot find a receipt for this, so I suppose I must have bought this at the supermarket. Even if it was $20ish, not good QPR. I'd slot this into the B- zone. There were some good right banks in 2008 and maybe this could have been a touch better.
William P

Re: TN: 2008 de Sales [Pomerol]

Post by William P »

Thanks for the note Arv. Have a great Christmas with Jenn and the girls, oh and I can't forget Blucher. :)

Bill
AKR

Post by AKR »

For a variety of reasons, we have not even yet started shopping for presents. It's been a crazy couple of weeks. I hope you all are good too!
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

I never had a Chateau de Sales, what is a bit weird considering the acceptable price in every vintage. But this 2008 seems to show the limits of the vintage.

Happy holiday time to you and your family Arv. Same to Linda and William.

Nic
robert goulet

Post by robert goulet »

Popped the '98 de sales...really easy drinking, very smooth, charming, not overly complex, leans classic.
A nice righty for the tariff.