TN: Some 2006 Bordeaux

Winesense

TN: Some 2006 Bordeaux

Post by Winesense »

2006 Clos de la Vieille Eglise Pomerol
Color dark Ruby red, new barrique in the Nose, good concentration, rich, great balance, soft, juicy. Hints of Choclate and caramel. Very enjoyable, good value for the price. Rating: 90

2006 Pape Clement, Pessac
Color dark Ruby, almost black, complex nose, High concentration, long aftertaste, intense demanding, Cassis, smoke, dark choclate, herbs.
High potential. Great wine, the price is a different story.Rating: 95

2006 La Fleur, St. Emilion,
Color ruby red, red cherries in the nose, medium body, soft fruity, very enjoyable. medium - long aftertaste, complex aroma, instense fruit,
red cherries, hints of spice, cinnemon. Very straight forward now, will add more complexity with age as previous vintages did.Good value.
Rating 92
Chasse-Spleen

Re: TN: Some 2006 Bordeaux

Post by Chasse-Spleen »

Thanks for the notes, Winesense. I really enjoyed the 2000 La Fleur when it was young. I'm sure we're talking about the same wine because you mentioned the value aspect. That's a pretty high score you gave. I'll have to keep my eye out for it.
-Chris
Winesense

Re: TN: Some 2006 Bordeaux

Post by Winesense »

Yes, I bought a case myself. I love complex aroma more than strengh. My feeling is, that as fruity the wine would be currently, it got still many subtle aspect that will develop with age. I remember the 2004 improved substancially. I blindtasted it alongside with some big names (Angelus, Figeac).
In case of the 2006 I tried it right after Ausone as comparison.