Art lives beyond its Creator

AKR

Art lives beyond its Creator

Post by AKR »

1998 La Croix du Casse [Pomerol]
1998 La Croix du Casse [Pomerol]
The last couple of nights I've been enjoying a pop & poured 1998 La Croix du Casse [Pomerol] which must have been one of the last vintages from Jean Michel Arcaute's measured hand*. Although it should have been drunk up a few years ago, it remains an excellent example of the fine vintage Pomerol enjoyed that year. The nose is rhubarb, spice box and the palate is full, plummy with good concentration, depth. Time has not resolved all her structure either: there's still some punch left here, enough to go with red meat even though I have been enjoying it solo. The hue is medium garnet and that suggests full maturity, but depending on preferences, it can keep. This treat comes in at a modest - by modern standards - 12.5% abav yet has plenty of ripeness/depth with just a smidge of sediment. If one can not find Arcaute's 89 Clinet, perhaps give this a try; it gets an A- in my ledger. Unfortunately current release CdC don't have the same regard, so one would have to (eek!) backfill. This example had been held from release.

PS: I switched glasses, I think the bubbles were from not using JetAid, the last few dishwashing cycles.

*https://www.winespectator.com/articles/ ... eral-20115
Racer Chris

Re: Art lives beyond its Creator

Post by Racer Chris »

My wife keeps telling me my work will become more valuable after I die. :)
Claudius2

Post by Claudius2 »

Arv
You mean you keep sipping from the same bottle or open separate bottles?
If the former you have great temperance!

Chris
Yeah like all artists, scientists and inventors. Oh well...

Cheers
Mark
AKR

Post by AKR »

This is the 1995
This is the 1995