DC in the fall? Zoom next week?

JimHow

DC in the fall? Zoom next week?

Post by JimHow »

We've been doing a little Thursday night dinner once in a while with Jacques/Jill and Stefan/Lucie, I think Jacques is out of town next Thursday night, perhaps it might be good to do a 90 minute Zoom next Thursday at 7pm eastern time, are you around next Thursday, Stefan?

Also, I think it is time to do a BWE two-night gathering in DC in September or October. I have a busy ten months coming up with three murder trials, but I should have a clearer picture of my schedule in the fall, maybe a late September/early October gathering.

Blanquito was suggesting SF/Napa in May to go see the crew out there but my month of May got busy really fast, maybe early June, Patrick?
SF Ed

Re: DC in the fall? Zoom next week?

Post by SF Ed »

Lisa and I are totally up for a BWE in DC gathering in the fall. We have other commitments (just like everyone else), but would really like to see everyone.

I just heard from Tim today and we are tentatively getting together in SF at my place the evening of May 9th as he stops over between Paris and Seattle.

If Blanquito (or anyone else) wants to join us at my place that Sunday, I "go live" (meaning am 2 weeks out from my second vaccination) on May 8th, so I am definitely up for some BWE fun.

SF Ed
SF Ed

Post by SF Ed »

But if June works out better for folks, as long as it isn't the last weekend in June, we'd love to see folks and have the BWEers over to our place in SF (or convince MichaelP to have everyone over in Napa).
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

Both DC in the Fall and a weekend in SanFran in May sound great to me. Unlike the norm, my fall calendar is wide open right now.
stefan

Post by stefan »

Early in June in SF might work for us.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

I don't know when the border will be re-opened between Canada and USA. And I should have my first vaccine soon, but second shot only around July or August... so I guess no California in May or June, but maybe DC in the fall.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Jesus, Nicola, second shot not til August?
wtf is going on up there.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

MC got her first shot yesterday (moderna vaccine). Next one plan in August.

I'm still trying to find an appointement to get a shot of AstraZeneca, that the USA sent to Canada because you have some restrictions with that vaccine... and it is the only vaccine allowed for 45 yo or more. All other vaccine are for 60 yo or more or exposed workers (health system worker, police, teacher like MC).

Canada, not producing vaccine, is like we are last on every vaccine producer listing.
Winona Chief

Post by Winona Chief »

Hard to believe but I’m already scheduled for May and June (but may be near Denver second half of June). Probably up for some DC action late September.

Chris Bublitz
Jay Winton

Post by Jay Winton »

Our May is pretty much filled with packing and moving to our new home in Rehoboth Beach, DE. A fall visit to DC would probably work.
JoelD

Post by JoelD »

Both sound good. Zoom next thursday and DC in the fall. Happy to help with the DC logistics. I'm fully vaccinated now, so we'll have some DC tastings starting in mid May if anyone wants to join. I know Jay and I already talked shortly about possibly something near the beach too.

I had a great time out in Sf/Napa in march. Was planning on going back in early July actually. But could see about rearranging for June. Is it muggy out in Napa in July?

That sounds like fun with Tim and ED, but really doubt that I could get out there for the May meeting.
SF Ed

Post by SF Ed »

It is never muggy in Napa. It will likely be very hot in July, but with low humidity.
William P

Post by William P »

I'm monitoring the thread and I would like to join but have a few prior engagements. Oregon Pinot country May 4-12. Hawaii June 1-15 and in September I'm at Yosemite area 8th-15th. if the date you choose is open I'll participate.
AKR

Post by AKR »

I might be able to do something in either SF or Napa on the dates mentioned above; some of it will depend on spousal health issues.

Also: the Sacramento cadre is plotting something on/around/about late May. Dates being bandied around include May 22, 29, 30 - with gravity pulling toward May 30th. That is Memorial Day wknd however, which I realize can already be committed to other events.