TN: 2002 d'Issan

Claret

TN: 2002 d'Issan

Post by Claret »

Purchased in about 06 from the Zachy's sale that was touted here. Likely under $30.

Perfumed Margaux berries on the nose with a touch of soil. More berries with some cedar in the mouth. Good mouth feel with mostly smoothed tannin, light to medium body and a more than decent finish. Solid acidity.

Really satisfying and an overachiever. Paired well with stir fried filet mignon with veg and umami rich mushroom broth/oyster sauce/hoison sauce.

Bordeaux and Chinese food, yes it can work. Henry formerly from Henry's Evergreen in NYC where we had dinner during the 03 convention would approve!
Glenn
JimHow

Re: TN: 2002 d'Issan

Post by JimHow »

Oh man you lucky bum, that wine is a beauty. It has been years since I finished off my stash.
I'm telling you guys, those 2002 left bankers have stood the test of time....
robert goulet

Post by robert goulet »

I've been consistently adding D'Issan to the cellar, truly underrated
Comte Flaneur

Post by Comte Flaneur »

Me too.

I bought some 02 D’Issan last year from a lady who unfortunately lost her husband
jckba

Post by jckba »

Don’t own the 02 though it does sound like an equally fine tipple but do have the 05, 06, 10, 12, 14, 15 and 16 in the cellar.

d’Issan seems to be a bit of an under the radar kind of Margaux 3rd growth property that remains dearer to me than a number of the 2nd growth Margaux properties. Another tried and true kind of BWE wine.