The Court case of Chateau Giscours

Musigny 151

The Court case of Chateau Giscours

Post by Musigny 151 »

For a couple of decades, Giscours was embroiled in a bitter dispute after the Taris sold the property. What they actually sold was disputed. Don’t know the final outcome.

Does anybody know?
Winona Chief

Re: The Court case of Chateau Giscours

Post by Winona Chief »

I was completely unaware of this. Had some really wonderful experiences with the 1970 and 1979 Giscours. Only vintages I’ve had since those are 2000 and 2009 - both seemed good but a bit young.

Chris Bublitz
greatbxfreak

Post by greatbxfreak »

Mark,

I know a few facts.

I believe Pierre Tari made a contract for 20 years for leasing the vineyard to the Dutch owner without the family's permission. Then his sister, Nicole Tari (Nairac), sued him for negligence and betray of the family.

When I last met Mme Nicole Tari (2018), I was told that the case wasn't settled yet due to Giscours motion of payback of investments in the property. Since then, I haven't visited Nairac for different reasons, and I am not updated on it anymore.

It's a very complicated case, and it doesn't help that French laws are greatly complicated to understand.

I think only lawyers on both sides are the happy guys earning a lot of Euros. Barely few in Bordeaux know all the details of the case.
Musigny 151

Post by Musigny 151 »

Thanks Izak, much appreciated.