TN: 00 Lynch Moussas [Pauillac]

AKR

TN: 00 Lynch Moussas [Pauillac]

Post by AKR »

00 Lynch Moussas [Pauillac] After a lovely Les Forts last week, this Pauillac was a let down. 12.5% abv, and on the cooler/leaner/taut side. If pressed, I think the 96 was better, which are the only two vintages I've bought, so not a gigantic comparison set. I pulled this to help decide if I wanted to buy 2019 or 2020, which appear (superficially) low priced in my area. After popping, pouring, and drinking this, I decided to pass on those offers. This bottle was purchased from Zachys, on release, and cellared properly/cold all these years. The nose shows cranberries, graphite, a touch of coffee. On the palate the tannins are resolved, but its showing AFWE acid, especially with an afternoon fruit platter of cherries and cut cantaloupe. A days worth of air doesn't add much to this. I feel like this would have been best at age 12-15. I'll give this a B in the ledger, and maybe I should listen to stefan more regarding this estate. That 12.5% seems so quaint though, and it does taste much 'cooler' than most 2000's.
mature edges on this 2000 Pauillac
mature edges on this 2000 Pauillac