A bad day, but the 2000 Chateau d'Ardennes saved it a bit

Nicklasss

A bad day, but the 2000 Chateau d'Ardennes saved it a bit

Post by Nicklasss »

Yesterday was a really bad day. First thing in the morning, I get arrested by the police. Reason : my immatriculation plates were unpaid since 2 years. Impossible I tolad the policeman, as I always pay when I'm receiving my bills. After a check in the system with my papers, the policeman doesn't understand that my driver license is ok, but not my plates. So ticket of 438 $ and he could have tow my car, but did not do it, as long as I go right away fix that. So I go to the driver license/plates building. In 2007, when I moved from Shawinigan to Chicoutimi, we did the adress changes, and for a reason I don't understand, my adress on my driver license was ok, but not the one for my plates. So did not received bill since August 2007 so my car was illegal since then... Can I pay to got it back? Of course not as I did not had plates for the last 2 years, so my car has to have a mechanical inspection. I've been lucky to find a garage ok to do the inspection. Inspection (100 $) detected that I had to change my tires (too old) and the whippers. Another 998 $. Going back to the plate office, now it was ok so I had to pay for last year plates, and this year plates (212 $ + 212 $). A 2000 $ day. Just before the holidays, next week. This compromise any chances I had, to go to NY in August or Maine in September... What a bad day. My brother told me to go to court for the police ticket, as I'm not directly responsible for not paying, and he think I should be not guilty.

So, to put some bandaid on the wound , i opened a bottle of the 2000 Chateau d'Ardennes Graves with dinner. Dark red color, the nose was really genuine from the Graves area, with smoke, black berries, a touch of green pepper and something really grapey. In mouth, medium power, with nice flavours of minerals, grapes, smokes, cocoa and a decent medium final on black cherries and black peppers. Small tannins makes the final smooth. what interested me was that grapey flavours, like a bit of raw grape juice. I thought this was a bit austere, nothing modern or overextracted there. Finally a good wine, well done for the 2000 vintage, and with still life ahead of it. TN : 88+.

A nice 2000 vintage Bordeaux, for the not nice 2000 $ day.
Nic
DavidG

Re: A bad day, but the 2000 Chateau d'Ardennes saved it a bit

Post by DavidG »

UGH, that is a really bad day. But I was happy to at least see that it was only your bank account, and not your person or family, that was injured. Glad the wine helped.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

I agree with you David. What scared me it's that if I had a caqr accident in the last 2 years, I would not have been covered by our general provincial insurances... or at least, not unti lgoing to court....

But you're absolutely right, I prefer -2000 $ in my bank account than a broken leg. But don't forget, those 2000 $ could have been used to buy wine :-(.

Nic
finner

Post by finner »

This reminds me that if I have a really bad day, I can open a 2000 Bordeaux and save the day!
Jay Winton

Post by Jay Winton »

wow NIc, I've had cars and bureaucracy drain my bank account so my sympathies and no Maine :( We were really looking forward to seeing Marie Claude and the latest representative of the next generation of BWE. Buy a lottery ticket-you deserve some good fortune.
stefan

Post by stefan »

Too bad, Nic. Tomorrow will be better.

stefan
AlexR

Post by AlexR »

Nic,

Your nightmare sounds as bad as the French "administration"!!!

It will all seem trivial in time.

Bon courage,
Alex