Wine store Orlando

JeanFred

Wine store Orlando

Post by JeanFred »

Hi

I just arrive midnigth yesterday in Orlando until July 31th. 2 weeks with the family.

Is Total Wine the best place to buy wine in Orlando-Kissimmee. More precisely, I’m at Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations

By the pass, I have bought often at ABC but I went there today and no more Bordeaux in the Cellars.

Good suggestion for fine dining restaurant with good price wine?

Thanks

JeanFred
OrlandoRobert

Re: Wine store Orlando

Post by OrlandoRobert »

Total Wine generally has a decent selection. Try Tim’s Wine Market for fun stuff. There is one in Windermere and one in downtown Orlando. Orlando really is not a wine Mecca. In terms of restaurants, do Capa at the Four Seasons.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

How did you get in the US?
JeanFred

Post by JeanFred »

JimHow wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:22 am How did you get in the US?
By air

The land borders are closed but not the air borders. since July 5, they canceled the mandatory quarantine when you come back home in Canada

JeanFred
JeanFred

Post by JeanFred »

OrlandoRobert wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:17 am Total Wine generally has a decent selection. Try Tim’s Wine Market for fun stuff. There is one in Windermere and one in downtown Orlando. Orlando really is not a wine Mecca. In terms of restaurants, do Capa at the Four Seasons.
Thank you

I will look at your suggestion

JeanFred
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I see… So if you drive from Quebec to Maine, you can’t come. But if you fly from Quebec to Maine it’s ok. Ooookay. Got it.
jal

Post by jal »

Just curious, Jean Fred, will you have to quarantine when you fly back?
Best

Jacques
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Normally, canadian citizen no, if 2 vaccine shots received.

This is the case for all JeanFred's little family.

For me, my two kids under 12 years old can't be vaccinated, so they would have to do a quarantine, so the rest of the family too by default.
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Nic,

I believe the quarantine rules for kids under 12 just changed with no vaccine. They no longer have to quarantine.

Jim,

FYI,

Trudeau has just lifted the ban on cross border travel by land as of Aug 9 but Biden hasn't reciprocated as of yet so no OKAAAY from this side of the border yet for Canadians to enter US by land. Canada will allow double vaccinated Americans in but as of yet there is no mechanism to prove vaccination at the border so this may be a stumbling block. The antivaccers have been forging documents to allow them to fly so this is far from over I believe.
Danny
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Easy to prove vaccination. One easy question : are you against or for vaccination?

The one against surely don't have their 2 shots. If hesitation, they don't have their 2 shots. If starting to cry or running the other direction, they don't have their 2 shots. If they want you to repeat the question, or don't understand it, they don't have their 2 shots.

And if they answer they are for, give them right away a double shot!
jal

Post by jal »

Well, the CDC vaccination card is a joke and can easily be falsified, the politics of vaccinations in the US and the rest of the world leave me shaking my head.
Best

Jacques
gene m.

Post by gene m. »

JeanFred wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:04 am Hi

I just arrive midnigth yesterday in Orlando until July 31th. 2 weeks with the family.

Is Total Wine the best place to buy wine in Orlando-Kissimmee. More precisely, I’m at Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations

By the pass, I have bought often at ABC but I went there today and no more Bordeaux in the Cellars.

Good suggestion for fine dining restaurant with good price wine?

Thanks

JeanFred
When I visit Orlando I often eat at Le Coq Au Vin off Orange Ave. I've done a few wine dinners at Capitol Grille (steaks/chops) or Bonefish.
The wine list at Le Coq Au Vin changes, but they allowed BYOB, and they have waived corkage when I bought a bottle. It was a family biz but I think they have new chef. Food is good, souffle desert is quite good.

The wine selection is OK at Total Wine, I think I got a Pichon Lalande for just under $200.00, but there are some deals.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

jal wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:40 am Well, the CDC vaccination card is a joke and can easily be falsified, the politics of vaccinations in the US and the rest of the world leave me shaking my head.
Yeah, but can’t we just scan 'em to see if they’re chipped?

The fact that we need forgery-resistant vax cards is a sad commentary on humankind. Wait, is this the "We are doomed" thread?
jal

Post by jal »

DavidG wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:11 am The fact that we need forgery-resistant vax cards is a sad commentary on humankind. Wait, is this the "We are doomed" thread?
Nah, humankind was always like this. Oh wait, maybe that's what bringing us to the brink of something.
Best

Jacques