Few nice wines with my bro

Nicklasss

Few nice wines with my bro

Post by Nicklasss »

My brother's familly came here to visit familly/friends after being stuck in Montréal for several months. They passed 3 days with us, and of course that means good meals and wines. Quick feeling as i did not took any detailed notes.

Champagne
Magnum of Tribaut that was very good and convinient, surely for the very affordable price.
Laurent-Perrier is always classic and good. Flowery, chalky, with nice spritz bubbles.

Whites
2019 Presq'Ile Santa Barbara Chardonnay was again fresh, convenient, fruity and nothing too californian.
2019 Filippi Castelcerino Soave was excellent. An nice achievement mixing some light tropical fruit with that dry herbs final.
2019 Samuel Billaud Les Grands Terroirs Chablis was also excellent.just borderline rich, but the Chablis terroir keep the wine very straigth.
2018 Roland Lavantureux Vauprin Chablis. OMG, what a nice Chablis, with good freshness, steel shell, all kind of little berries. Amazing.
2017 Lucin Crochet Les Grands Chênes Sancerre. OMG. Great wine here. I can't see why buying wjite Pessac Léognan anymore. Textbook Sancerre with the extreme elegance and balance of great white wines. Shell minerals, citrus, blackcurrant bush, in an etheral way.

Reds
2016 Chateau Marsau Côtes de Francs was at the limit glossy, modern, full of sexy red berries and rasberries. Maybe some light vanilla tones and sweet darkberries, drinks well but i did not find the 2016 character at all.
2006 Chateau Pontet Canet Pauillac. Clearly an excellent Pauillac in that year, with good concentration of rasberries, blackcurrants, something earthy and mineral, but drinking nicely. A hit in the context of 2006.
2016 Chavy-Chouet Pommard 1er Cru Les Chanlins was also excellent. Less body that the Pauillac, but the blackfruit flavors mixed with herbs, light coal and cherries was very convincing.
2018 Geantet-Pansiot Bourgogne was fresh, with lot of red berries, but did not diggerated it oak yet. Feel also more modern in style, with it's medium vanilla tones.

Sweet
2009 Chateau Suduiraut Sauternes was again fabulous. So complex and balanced at the same time, remind me the one and only Grand Cru Classé Supérieur...