Bordeaux trip next month...

greatbxfreak

Bordeaux trip next month...

Post by greatbxfreak »

After two years of absence, I'm finally coming back to Bordeaux.

12 days in paradise!

Even for a wine writer travelling to Bordeaux for 37 years, it's not easy to make appointments. I can say that FGs have been extremely kind to me constantly, especially occasionally sending samples during Covid and allowing visits during primeurs and after harvest.

I can't say the same about Right Bank. Some producers are not easy to communicate with and not willing to arrange a tasting of bottled vintages let arrange the visit. Maybe I'm too direct in my requests, and the chemistry between the owners/younger generation/managers and me isn't just there. But hello, I have known some of these people for many years.

But, I'm happy with what I have arranged until now, and I'm delighted too that Alex will accompany me on most visits. Four FGs, several second growths and Petrus/Cheval Blanc/Angelus/ on Right Bank.

For now, I'm enjoying the ride on tastingbook.com. I'm placed at 15th place in the top 50 of the best wine critics competition. I'm so happy that I have just taken a screenshot of the list. I'm aware, however, that several highly acclaimed wine critics are not included on the list, as f.i. Jane Anson.
Nicklasss

Re: Bordeaux trip next month...

Post by Nicklasss »

We will look forward your report greatbxfreak and AlexR.

This looks like a great listing for visit, even if some are easy to convince.
Antoine

Post by Antoine »

I hope you'll taste Canon, Clinet, Branaire, Chevalier and la Gaffeliere...Guess why?

Have a good trip to France!
Musigny 151

Post by Musigny 151 »

Will they also open the 2019 and 2020?
greatbxfreak

Post by greatbxfreak »

Musigny 151,

At some properties, yes, at some no, kind of lottery.

I was refused to visit and taste bottled vintages at Jean-Pierre Moueix and Ausone during my stay in November. I will mostly miss not being able to taste Trotanoy.