After the Pomerol night, THAT...

Nicklasss

After the Pomerol night, THAT...

Post by Nicklasss »

Last night, with my near family (no choice!), A wine from a favorite appellation for us. Beautiful pinot cherry red color. Inviting, complex nose, various small red fruits, infused with purple and red flowers, sweet spices, a great nose. The palate is velvety, sweet cassis, sweet blackberries, light spicy vinewood, and minerality, all on a feminine register, very long and lasting in the mouth. Too good the Chambolle! Tn: 94-95.

MC preferred that wine to the two 2008 Pomerol from the previous night. I must say that the young 2017 Sigaut Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru Chatelots is infinitely charming, complex, intellectual and long. Affecting the same area in my brain, and clicking all the same buttons as... a Château La Conseillante.... that is troubling.
Attachments
What a pinot!
What a pinot!
greatbxfreak

Re: After the Pomerol night, THAT...

Post by greatbxfreak »

Niclasss,

I wonder what's the point of not writing about wines from Pomerol tasted and already having 13 comments and then starting a new thread about the same topic.

I don't want to be rude, but it's irritating not to directly come to the main issue. I hate when posters create 2-3 threads about the same tasting.

WHICH WINES FROM POMEROL DID YOU TASTE, DUDE!!!!!!!

:?
robert goulet

Post by robert goulet »

greatbxfreak wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:50 pm Niclasss,

I wonder what's the point of not writing about wines from Pomerol tasted and already having 13 comments and then starting a new thread about the same topic.

I don't want to be rude, but it's irritating not to directly come to the main issue. I hate when posters create 2-3 threads about the same tasting.

“Mayday, mayday, Mav's in trouble, he's in a flat spin!”
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

I'll come back to it tonight greatbxfreak. The thing is that i want to do a fair description of wines i had with JeanFred, but it is a longer post to write. So i post that one from the wine last night as it was only one and shorter to write. Sorry for messing around with post, and thank you for your interest in my post.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

robert goulet wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:00 pm

“Mayday, mayday, Mav's in trouble, he's in a flat spin!”
And Bobby, don't start any mess that early in 2022. Wait for the Idles of March at the minimum. 😉
Antoine

Post by Antoine »

Izak, we are waiting for your 2019 bottle Bordeaux report!! Happy New year to you and all of Bordeaux enthusiasts!
JoelD

Post by JoelD »

Looks wonderful, Nic. If we didn't just start a buying freeze, i'd be sourcing some. I need more Chambolle in my cellar. 2000+ bottles of wine and I don't think I have ANY.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Yes me too i'm not happy that we have to remember we're in a wine buying freeze... after tasting that great Chambolle! Don't have that much left in my cellar 8 times smaller than your.

And Joel, yes you need a few bottles of Chambolle.

Bourgogne is complex and when you taste the different wines, you can come with your own judgment on which one you prefer.

In the last weeks, i opened some 1er Crus from NSG, MSD, Volnay, Pommard, VR, and some village GC, but that young Chambolle 1er Cru blew them all for me.

It is like the same for me regarding Grands Crus: my favorites are Bonnes Mares and even more Musigny.

So my preference is clearly aligned with the Chambolle area.
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Nic,

Agree that Burgundy has upped their game but also their prices. Love many of the wines but I find because of availability and price a more difficult area to get a handle on. The complexities and subtleties make me wanting more and certainly when the Burg's are on they usually leave a bigger impact than a Bordeaux. Unfortunately I have way more Bordeaux and know the region relatively well stocking up over the years and only dabbling in Burgundy. Different styles of wines and both can be fabulous but glad you found a region/wine that has rang your bell!

Happy New Year.
Danny
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Happy New Year Daniele and Danny. I might be in your area first week of March...
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Nic,

Hopefully covid lets up by then and would be great to get together if you are in the area.
Danny