A nice Beaune 1er Cru

Nicklasss

A nice Beaune 1er Cru

Post by Nicklasss »

Last night, a very nice 2017 Domaine Parent Beaune 1er Cru Épenottes.

After 90 min of air, was really charming and complex, with that Genuine Beaune typicity, very different from Côte-de-Nuit or Côte Chalonnaise wines: not as sensual or complex at the first, less primary concentrated fruit like the secong, very Côte-de-Beaune by it's elegant red fruit character and mineral typicity.

That nice medium red, not too dark, not too clear, with that fragrant nose of red currants, red berries, bramble, light wood, light spices. Half creamy, half acidic nose. Mouth is medium body, on very nice red fruits, light red rasberries, very light oak and a nice mineral finish, like licking some rocks. I really enjoyed this. Tn: 91. The price was very ok, so i would say look for good Beaune wines, while tbey are still affordable, and they can age too.
Attachments
Avery nice wine.
Avery nice wine.
Last edited by Nicklasss on Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nicklasss

Re: A nice Beaune 1er Cru

Post by Nicklasss »

And leaving for Northern British Columbia in 2 hours, it will be easy to lower my wine consumption for the next 7 days, and respect the Wine Buying Freeze.

I even did not had any wine/ alcohol on my birthday on January 13th... at 48, the wisdom is slowly taking control of me?
stefan

Post by stefan »

Condolences, Nic. It must have been hard to celebrate your 48th without wine.

The price increase of Beaune 1er Cru wines has not matched those from the Cote de Nuits. Still, it is much harder to find bargains than it was a few years ago. Fortunately, Oregon PN is a good substitute for red Burgundy in the $30-$70 range.
Claret

Post by Claret »

stefan wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:23 pm Condolences, Nic. It must have been hard to celebrate your 48th without wine.

Fortunately, Oregon PN is a good substitute for red Burgundy in the $30-$70 range.
How true on both accounts.

Walter Scott 2014 Vojtilla Chardonnay is uncorked and blowing off reduction.
Glenn
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Nic,

Belated happy birthday. Forgot yours is the day after mine.....65!!this year! Will remember next year. With restaurants all closed simple night with pizza and a modern Chianti that my son bought for us. Simple but always good.
Danny
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Belated happy birthday too Danny.

It is not like the pandemic conditions are killing January birthday parties. Seems to me i never have birthday party has in January everyone spend too much at Christmas, are tired, and normally here it is -25 Celsius so nobody want to go out! But i had once a surprise birthday party organized by MC, but only once, and it is probably the last birthday party that i had wine.
Musigny 151

Post by Musigny 151 »

Nicklasss wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:14 pm And leaving for Northern British Columbia in 2 hours, it will be easy to lower my wine consumption for the next 7 days, and respect the Wine Buying Freeze.

I even did not had any wine/ alcohol on my birthday on January 13th... at 48, the wisdom is slowly taking control of me?
So let me get this right. The colder the temperature the more likely you are to respect the freeze. :D
Makes perfect sense.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Musigny 151 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:43 pm
Nicklasss wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:14 pm And leaving for Northern British Columbia in 2 hours, it will be easy to lower my wine consumption for the next 7 days, and respect the Wine Buying Freeze.

So let me get this right. The colder the temperature the more likely you are to respect the freeze. :D
Makes perfect sense.
:D
Jay Winton

Post by Jay Winton »

I drank a 2014 Jadot Volnay with the cordon bleu last night. A pleasant wine that opened up in the glass. Might improve a bit. Solid B. Travel safely Nic!
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Happy birthday Nic!
JoelD

Post by JoelD »

Happy birthday, Nic. Are you going moose hunting or something?

Eating some good moose is now on my bucket list. How are the ribs?
robert goulet

Post by robert goulet »

HBD Nic🍾🥂
AKR

Post by AKR »

I had not realized we were birthday brothers!