More wines in Fairbanks while waiting for a verdict....

JimHow

More wines in Fairbanks while waiting for a verdict....

Post by JimHow »

Well, we are going into a third day of jury deliberations.
It is basically completely out of our hands.
A jury here in Fairbanks, Alaska, will decide whether my client, Steve Downs, from Maine, will either walk out of the courthouse a free man, or will spend the next 99 years in the Alaska state prison hell hole in Seward.
It's enough pressure to turn a man to drink... the fine wines at Lavelle's Bistro, here across from the courthouse.
We have many friends here at the friendly staff of Lavelle's, where we have dined repeatedly during the past 6 weeks.

Tonight, we drank a 2013 Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon Estate, everything true to form, I guess, but not real exciting. 89 points.

Some of the best wines we have enjoyed in this trip have been the lesser known Italians, including tonight's 2015 Agricola Querciabella Mongrana, again, nothing real profound here but lovely spring violet flowers, balanced fruit, delish with the chocolate dessert. 90 points.

Okay....
So....
We have been here in Fairbanks for over 40 nights.
We will be here at least one more night, as the jury continues its deliberations.
As much as we love Fairbanks, we are anxious to get back home to Maine.
It has been a trip of epic proportions, the stories I have to tell are mind boggling, they would be a bad movie, you would not believe some of them. I'm retiring after this trip, and writing a book on the adventure-escapades.
In celebration, I bought, at a discounted price, the last half bottle of 1999 d'Yquem, to bring home.
I got it at a great price from the wonderful staff here at Lavelle's.

Onward to the next day here in Fairbanks, Alaska!
Attachments
IMG_1136.jpg
IMG_1135.jpg
IMG_1134.jpg
Racer Chris

Re: More wines in Fairbanks while waiting for a verdict....

Post by Racer Chris »

I've had Mongrana in several vintages but not the 2015. It's an interesting blend of Sangio, Cab, and Merlot.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Never had it before, it was quite tasty, light in its feet.
AKR

Post by AKR »

ugh that does not sound good about the Ridge Estate; I think i put one away that year.

I guess it's positive for your client that deliberations are now 3 days in.