Let’s get ready to rock and roll!

JimHow

Let’s get ready to rock and roll!

Post by JimHow »

I was just sitting around thinking, we haven’t really planned a 2022 BWE convention.

Not doing a convention would be a first in 22 years, as we were able to pull off conventions even during the last two years of pandemic.

Maybe this will be a year of just mini events across the country. France certainly still appears to be sadly out of the equation.

Perhaps a smaller gathering in the greater mid Atlantic area in the spring is in order.
JoelD

Re: Let’s get ready to rock and roll!

Post by JoelD »

Sounds like a great idea. Maybe sometime in April or May. Hopefully we can get lucky with another window like the fall in between peaks of variants. I'll wait to hear David's insights on this theory.
Last edited by JoelD on Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Sounds like a plan man.
Jay Winton

Post by Jay Winton »

Hey hey hey. I'm not giving up on all of us getting together.. let me add, Peggy will be hosting her annual convention in Denver at the end of April. I can't confirm but usually a large suite is assigned for her. I have been given sign off to have gatherings in the suite. Your humble servant Mr vino
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

You are a humble and honorable man, Mr. Vino.
My schedule during the spring and through the rest of the year is basically Very Busy + Flexible.
I'm busy, but the judges and clerks are great in accommodating me.
So, the earlier we can schedule things is generally better, although even then they are usually pretty flexible, as long as a trial has not been scheduled.
In any event, I look forward ahead to seeing as many BWEers as possible in the remainder of 2022....
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

A+++ halftime show!
And a great game to boot!
Greatest NFL post season ever!
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I've always said the Tom Petty halftime show was the best ever.
This might have surpassed it. Outstanding.
JoelD

Post by JoelD »

I completely fell off the wagon today. I was like Phil Dunfy in that Greenlight commercial. "I'll take it." I bought everything at auction tonight. Still waiting to see the final bill.

On the positive side. I'll have some more 80's Bordeaux to share with everyone this spring!
marcs

Post by marcs »

The nation's capital stands ready to host as we always do!

I don't think the issue is that we're not going to have a 2022 one. The issue is more that we got off our usual spring schedule by having our 2021 get-together in the fall. That's why planning hasn't started, because it feels like yesterday we got together in DC. The question is whether to revert back to spring get-togethers or shift this year to fall as well.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Good point Marcus, I’m feeling like I can breathe a little now, it might be smaller get together a this spring. DC in the fall, then back to spring schedule next year.
ericindc

Post by ericindc »

marcs wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:39 am The nation's capital stands ready to host as we always do!

I don't think the issue is that we're not going to have a 2022 one. The issue is more that we got off our usual spring schedule by having our 2021 get-together in the fall. That's why planning hasn't started, because it feels like yesterday we got together in DC. The question is whether to revert back to spring get-togethers or shift this year to fall as well.
Why not move the 2022 up to August/September and then push the 2023 back to say, April/May? Would give a solid time between them. Otherwise, pull the trigger on a April or May date this year and start the planning. I think Congress is on recess in mid april.
--
Eric
tim

Post by tim »

what about West Coast in May?
marcs

Post by marcs »

ericindc wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:12 am
marcs wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:39 am The nation's capital stands ready to host as we always do!

Why not move the 2022 up to August/September and then push the 2023 back to say, April/May? Would give a solid time between them. Otherwise, pull the trigger on a April or May date this year and start the planning. I think Congress is on recess in mid april.
August is too damn hot for a wine event in DC. There’s about three or four months from late May through mid September in DC when red wine is just not very appetizing. Early spring or late fall are the best seasons
JoelD

Post by JoelD »

I'm up for anywhere that is moderately easy to get to in april or early may. If we do west coast, maybe earlier would be better though in case anyone wants to do a day or two in Napa before it gets too hot.

Just some thoughts. And of course always willing to help plan and host in DC area. Or Nyc
ericindc

Post by ericindc »

marcs wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:31 am
ericindc wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:12 am

August is too damn hot for a wine event in DC. There’s about three or four months from late May through mid September in DC when red wine is just not very appetizing. Early spring or late fall are the best seasons
You've mentioned that before. I don't really understand it as all the venues are air conditioned, but whatever.
--
Eric