2019 Faury Cote-Rotie.

William P

2019 Faury Cote-Rotie.

Post by William P »

I've had Faury's Cote-Rotie in the past so I when I saw this bottle at the local store I grabbed it. This is a beautiful wine and, I suspect, this is in the BWE wheelhouse. It's a Kermit Lynch import and priced around $70 a bottle. Faury uses only 20% new barrels so the oak influence is minimal. It has 93% Syrah and 7% Viognier. The nose is delicately perfumed with flowers, berries and earth. It has a medium bodied and excellent concentration; beautifully balanced between acid, tannins and fruit. The tannins will make this age-worthy, my guess 10 years will bring this to a divine place but it is presently drinking nicely. Tannins while grippy at this stage are not overly aggressive. On the palate, The perfume for the Viognier joins the melange of flavors, Blackberry, ripe cherry, dark pit fruit, earth and flowers make for compelling sip.

In case you could tell, I enjoyed it. 93Pts.

Bill
Comte Flaneur

Re: 2019 Faury Cote-Rotie.

Post by Comte Flaneur »

Well done Bill, we should acknowledge how brilliantly modern winemakers have made wines so much more accessible … and Parker is no longer in the rear view mirror
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Makes me want to find some.
jal

Post by jal »

Faury is the new Gonon now that Gonon is ridiculously overpriced.
The Faury St Joseph regular and Vieilles Vignes are both delicious every vintage
Best

Jacques
Comte Flaneur

Post by Comte Flaneur »

I ordered 4 @ £45 a bottle from Fortnum & Mason in Piccadilly - it didn’t say what vintage - and I was restricted to four bottles.

Bill I assume this is Lionel Faury? Jacques I have been buying and drinking Lionel Faury St-Joseph Gloriette
jal

Post by jal »

I have never seen the Gloriette cuvée in the US Ian, and winesearcher doesn't show any on sale here from any vintage, but I read somewhere it is the same wine as the St Joseph Vieilles Vignes that is sold on this side of the ocean.
Whether the regular St Joseph, the VV or the Côte Rôtie, Lionel Faury makes excellent wine. I have not had any of his other offerings.
Best

Jacques
William P

Post by William P »

Comte Flaneur wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:10 pm .

Bill I assume this is Lionel Faury? Jacques I have been buying and drinking Lionel Faury St-Joseph Gloriette
Ian, It was Lionel.

Bill
AKR

Post by AKR »

That 2015 Faury you poured for us last year or so was great!