Hey, New-Yorkers…

Nicklasss

Hey, New-Yorkers…

Post by Nicklasss »

It has been 12 years since my last visit to The Big Apple. Planning to return with the whole family, early August. I know it should be warm, and most of will be in holidays out of town, but is early August a good time to go (i guess anytime of year is good, but what about August specifically)?

Thank you.
marcs

Re: Hey, New-Yorkers…

Post by marcs »

TBH my personal view is that August sucks in NYC. The hot sun accentuates the smell of urine everywhere and it’s usually quite humid as well. If it’s the only time you can go then go ahead but I would pick a different time and spend my August in the mountains somewhere, or in San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, or Vancouver. NYC is best in late fall or early spring. But YMMV, I hate hot sticky climates

If you do go stay near Central Park it’s a little cooler
jckba

Post by jckba »

It’s generally hot and humid so it might alter your desire to explore the city on foot.

If you end up coming, ping me and I should be able to meet to break bread over a glass of wine.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I have many fond memories of Manhattan in the hottest evenings of summer.
New York City is a great adventure in the heat of summer.
We'll make sure we get together in Manhattan, Nicola, but lobster and steak in Maine is also on the agenda!
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Is there a good diffence end of June/beginning of July? That would also be a possibility.