Roulot Bourgogne, what's the big deal here?

jal

Roulot Bourgogne, what's the big deal here?

Post by jal »

We opened a 2017 Roulot white Bourgogne with some tuna tartare and steamed shrimp yesterday and it was a major disappointment. The darn thing is over $200 a bottle now and at the time cost me a bargain $89 :shock: Well, it was light, insipid, watery, nice for quaffing and easy drinking but I have had better Macon Village for a tenth of the price.
For all Roulot fans out there, I will not be competing with you for the slim offerings out there.
Best

Jacques
jckba

Re: Roulot Bourgogne, what's the big deal here?

Post by jckba »

I had a ‘17 Roulot Bourgogne Aligote that was quite good and about half the price you paid and that is about as far as I have gone down the rabbit hole though I’ve drank several of the Meursault (05 Meix Chevaux, 08 Vireuils and 11 Boucheres) this past year thanks to the generosity of others. My take aways, I prefer them before they hit full on adolescence and at current pricing, give me a Vincent Dancer or Boisson Vadot instead :mrgreen:
jal

Post by jal »

Agreed, Vincent Dancer hits all the notes. Maybe a bad bottle
Best

Jacques
stefan

Post by stefan »

Money well spent, Jacques. Now you can drink a simple Macon and think, "Gosh, this is better than $200 white Burgs out there".
jal

Post by jal »

stefan wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:09 pm Money well spent, Jacques. Now you can drink a simple Macon and think, "Gosh, this is better than $200 white Burgs out there".
Always look on the bright side of life, Bill :D
Best

Jacques